PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz
6.1 camera vs 6.5???

my camera sucks since having been upgraded to 6.5! the pics are now very blurry whereas prior to the upgrade, the pics were super clear! has anybody experienced this and if so what did u do about it?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:27 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: 6.1 camera vs 6.5???

see that crosshair in the screen? move it on your screen to where you want the camera to focus. My pictures have never been clearer than on 6.5

Help Me Help You
Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

2kidz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
see that crosshair in the screen? move it on your screen to where you want the camera to focus. My pictures have never been clearer than on 6.5
ummm...forgive my ignorance but what in the world is a 'crosshair'???
Old 04-18-2010, 01:43 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

or on you camera screen the little t in the middle of the screen. you can move it around to change where the pic focuses at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3[1].jpg (1.4 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by austin420; 04-18-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
ummm...forgive my ignorance but what in the world is a 'crosshair'???
remember kids. Google is your friend. Use him

can't believe someone cropped up a crosshairs image, before the OP could even use the powers of logic to google search the term he did not understand.

btw. Pictures are crystal clear in the right conditions, i.e good natural light, and steady hold of the camera, also allow it to auto focus until the crosshairs turn htc green
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here is a regedit that may help with quality. You will need a registry tool to make the changes. Navigate to HKLM-Software-HTC-Camera-Image-JpegQuality-Superfine and change the 3MSize from whatever it is to 643628. The pictures come out more crisp. The settings I mentioned will give a 5.0 megapixel quality. Hope that helps.

Note: To actually see the regedit. Soft reset after changing registry. Go to your camera and hit settings-advanced and arrow to the second page of advanced settings and set the Quality from fine to Super fine. Then try and take a picture. Also if you take off the battery cover and clean the plastic circle that covers the phones camera lens, that should also help with clarity.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

2kidz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post

can't believe someone cropped up a crosshairs image, before the OP could even use the powers of logic to google search the term he did not understand.

btw. Pictures are crystal clear in the right conditions, i.e good natural light, and steady hold of the camera, also allow it to auto focus until the crosshairs turn htc green
@ Deimoss---> i am very familiar with the services that google is able to provide thank u very much! i did NOT use it as i didnt know if 'crosshairs' was a slang term or technical term! thank u very much for your response!

@ EVERYBODY else who responded---> thank u for your input!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post

the real cross hairs were a joke. as you can see,, i went back within 3 min. to add a real pic of the "cross hairs" that were referenced. sorry it took me 3 min. to take a screenshot. also the little t or x is accually called touch focus indicator. i dont think googleing crosshairs wouldve helped the ops problem with bad foucus. but thanks for your help anyway. ill even hit your thanks button.

Last edited by austin420; 04-18-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
the real cross hairs were a joke. as you can see,, i went back within 3 min. to add a real pic of the "cross hairs" that were referenced. sorry it took me 3 min. to take a screenshot. also the little t or x is accually called touch focus indicator. i dont think googleing crosshairs wouldve helped the ops problem with bad foucus. but thanks for your non help anyway. ill even hit your thanks button.
Touch Focus Indicator? are you kidding?

If one cannot use deductive reasoning to understand what you were talking about, that's sad

I guess I'm lucky i know what a cross hair is with or without a picture, and what it does, i.e focus on a target.

thanks for the thanked post though, I actually just thought you huge crosshair photo was funny.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Here is a regedit that may help with quality. You will need a registry tool to make the changes. Navigate to HKLM-Software-HTC-Camera-Image-JpegQuality-Superfine and change the 3MSize from whatever it is to 643628. The pictures come out more crisp. The settings I mentioned will give a 5.0 megapixel quality. Hope that helps.

Note: To actually see the regedit. Soft reset after changing registry. Go to your camera and hit settings-advanced and arrow to the second page of advanced settings and set the Quality from fine to Super fine. Then try and take a picture. Also if you take off the battery cover and clean the plastic circle that covers the phones camera lens, that should also help with clarity.
has anyone else tried this regedit out before im looking to give it a try

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2