PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.1 camera vs 6.5???

You can't get 5 Megapixel quality out of a 3.2 Megapixel camera

But you most certainly can change the compression ration to make it larger! However, the quality gap will be noticeable.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:03 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Touch Focus Indicator? are you kidding?
no. im not kidding. this is from the pdf online at sprint.com. page 111
http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf...ch_pro2_ug.pdf
To use Touch Focus:
1. Set the Camera to Photo or Contacts Picture mode.
2. Touch the area on the screen that you want to focus. The Touch Focus indicator (little plus sign pictured here) positions itself on
the selected area.
3. Touch to activate Auto Focus on the selected area and take the photo. See “Auto Focus” on page 100 for
more information.
or of you still have your manual, page74, at the bottom.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
no. im not kidding. this is from the pdf online at sprint.com. page 111
http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf...ch_pro2_ug.pdf
To use Touch Focus:
1. Set the Camera to Photo or Contacts Picture mode.
2. Touch the area on the screen that you want to focus. The Touch Focus indicator (little plus sign pictured here) positions itself on
the selected area.
3. Touch to activate Auto Focus on the selected area and take the photo. See “Auto Focus” on page 100 for
more information.
or of you still have your manual, page74, at the bottom.
no are you serious?

a rose by any other name, have you ever heard of that expression?
or shall i finish it off for you?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Here is a regedit that may help with quality. You will need a registry tool to make the changes. Navigate to HKLM-Software-HTC-Camera-Image-JpegQuality-Superfine and change the 3MSize from whatever it is to 643628. The pictures come out more crisp. The settings I mentioned will give a 5.0 megapixel quality. Hope that helps.
Uh... if you changed settings from Fine to Superfine, then THAT'S what made your pics look better. NOT this bogus reg edit. I tried it and could tell no difference, including file size. I already had my camera set to Superfine though.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:31 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
But you most certainly can change the compression ration to make it larger! However, the quality gap will be noticeable.
This is exactly what I meant.....you just said it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Uh... if you changed settings from Fine to Superfine, then THAT'S what made your pics look better. NOT this bogus reg edit. I tried it and could tell no difference, including file size. I already had my camera set to Superfine though.
Have you tried taking pics with the default filesize in superfine and then compared them with the ones after the filesize change? The change is not dramatic, but there IS a difference. I personally could care less about picture quality...its fine to me. I was just trying to give a SUGGESTION to a thread. So before you claim that there isnt a difference in how the pictures look....do some research first because there IS a difference.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

I'm surprised that 2kidz didn't know what cross-hairs were. Yes, he/she could have googled it and got this http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8 . But just as easily, someone could have avoided the "Just Google it!" reply and wasting space. Not everyone is a smartass like you. Hell, could be dealing with a youngin here... lol sorry.

Now back to the OT. If your ISO setting is set to a low 100 or 200 and there isn't a lot of light available, you WILL get a blurry image if you are moving. ISO is basically an input light amplifier. The higher the ISO, the more the sensor boosts the light input signal. This gives the camera more to work with and causes it to increase shutter speed. Higher ISO's also introduce more noise. While lower ISO's provide a cleaner looking image. Shutter speed is just that, the fraction of a second (Or amount of time) the shutter stays open to capture an image. In this case, it doesn't have a mechanical shutter, but instead has an image sensor that captures a frame within a set time frame. That is, the speed at which it grabs an image. High shutter speeds allow for fast moving image taking or still life objects (freeze frame). Higher shutter speeds also mean less light to expose an image. Now, real low shutter speeds give you more light, but can easily blur because the image sensor captures an image for a longer period of time. As mentioned, ISO's will affect shutter speed, so using a lower ISO forces the camera to adjust shutter speed to a much lower value to compensate for less light amplification.

I'm not going to sit here and give an entire photography lesson. This is but a small cheap camera and sensor in a phone. Because of the lower quality image sensor and very small size, it's going to use low shutter speeds very often if you don't have enough light and if you don't have it set properly. Sometimes it's a compromise between image quality (graininess) and image clarity (focus/blur). Given enough light, you will get a rather decent looking image without having to compromise one or the other. No it's not a DSLR or a quality point and shoot, but if you know how to manipulate the settings properly , you can at least get an average looking image without the blur.

I noticed that even on standard quality setting, the file size can be quite ridiculous. I've seen 400+KB files on 1280x960 screen res, using standard image quality. IMO, the quality doesn't get much better than that using Fine or Super Fine. It just makes the file size gigantic. Again, I know it's not a quality point and shoot, but even that cheap $100 Kodak digital cam I had 8 years ago had way smaller file sizes (100-200KB) but the images still looked much better. Or so it appears. Make sure you turn down the sharpness setting to at least 2. Levels higher than that give it so much false edging like an unsharp mask jacked up to 300%. Making the file size even bigger than what is already available in super fine would not improve it. It's a 3.2 MP sensor. The actual quality of the images are about that of an average 2MP image. Also, jacking up the megapixel setting so it takes 5MP or higher, does no good. All that is really doing is digitally enlarging an images frame size. Blowing it up pretty much.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2