PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

salvamag is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way of automatically downloading emails?

When i get emails i get annoyed that i always have to click the "click to download email next time you connect to the internet" in order to get the rest of the email and/or the attachment.

Is there any way to automatically download it once you open it? Maybe a .cab to fix this?

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You just need to change your settings in messaging.
Go from the start menu and click programs. Then scroll down and click messaging. Then click on Menu then Options. Then click on the account you want to alter. Then change your download schedule and/or set messaging to download entire message and set it to download attachments if you want.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

salvamag is a n00b
Re: Any way of automatically downloading emails?

I tried it but it showed to download every "5 mins" "10 mins" "an hour" or so, not once i click the email

thanks anyways
Old 04-15-2010, 03:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

brokensparrow is just getting started

I go under "Download Size Settings" and set Message Download limit to "Entire message". This is under E-mail Setup.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

First go to the inbox of your email account, then click on "menu" on the bottom right. A list of options will come up, scroll down and click "Tools" then "Options...". Then click on the account you want and a few options should come up, click on the option "Download Size Settings" and then there are a few more options in here. If you want it to download the entire message and all attachments select the options, first under "Message download limit" chose "Entire Message". Then under "Download attachments" click "All attachments".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Those are all settings from 6.1, what if your running 6.5. All those settings are hidden, where can you adjust these advance settings at.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Those are all settings from 6.1, what if your running 6.5. All those settings are hidden, where can you adjust these advance settings at.
I'm actually running a 6.5 ROM and that's how I change the download settings everytime I change ROM's.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

salvamag is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
First go to the inbox of your email account, then click on "menu" on the bottom right. A list of options will come up, scroll down and click "Tools" then "Options...". Then click on the account you want and a few options should come up, click on the option "Download Size Settings" and then there are a few more options in here. If you want it to download the entire message and all attachments select the options, first under "Message download limit" chose "Entire Message". Then under "Download attachments" click "All attachments".
I did that but the emails still don't download pictures or attachments, i have to click on the "download next time you connect to the internet" and then click "send/receive"
Old 04-16-2010, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvamag View Post
I did that but the emails still don't download pictures or attachments, i have to click on the "download next time you connect to the internet" and then click "send/receive"
If you did what I said it should download all the new pictures and attachments... Keep in mind it will not download the old messages and attachments you will have to do that manually but any new messages with attachments will automatically download.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (Old); HTC Touch Pro 2 (Shiney New :D)

mourningstar625 is a n00b

These settings that sjs01 are saying do not exist in the stock sprint 6.5 ROM, the only option you get in send receive is a time interval. Will post pictures when I get home

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2