PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

spediegunz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
memory loss through out day

just recently updated to the spint 6.5 rom with the sense 2.5 unlike most people i love this rom but the problem is memory.. i start the day with about 49% memory on my phone then as the day goes by the phone gets slower and i get memory loss because even after i close programs and run cleanram at level 3 the lowest i can get is about 70% is there anything i can do or any program and can download to keep my phone maintaining the same kind of speed as when i power it up with out having to soft reset it 2wice a day
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1
Carrier: Sprint

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: memory loss through out day

You can either downgrade to 6.1 which does not has memory leak issues or try a different custom Rom. Some are better in terms of memory. I perfer 2.1 sense instead of 2.5, because it just runs fast and uses less ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by spediegunz View Post
just recently updated to the spint 6.5 rom with the sense 2.5 unlike most people i love this rom but the problem is memory.. i start the day with about 49% memory on my phone then as the day goes by the phone gets slower and i get memory loss because even after i close programs and run cleanram at level 3 the lowest i can get is about 70% is there anything i can do or any program and can download to keep my phone maintaining the same kind of speed as when i power it up with out having to soft reset it 2wice a day
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

spediegunz is a n00b

i don't know how custom roms are now but i used to get em back in the day with my mogal and they were horrible full of programs i didn't need and incredibly buggy as a result they became slow and i had to soft reset those many times a day i was always afraid i would brick my phone so when i got this tp2 i vowed to stay away from custom roms but it seems that where everyone is going. As i said i love the 6.5 rom just the memory loss is an issue for me can you recomend a rom that is not buggy and similar to the default sprint rom with out all these customized screens and preloaded with programs that eat your memory
Old 04-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here read this, it's my favorite Rom so far very light, fast, and super stable. It's very light!! Has good Ram %!! I've tried around 20 different custom roms so far. This one is great! hope I help you out.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118326

or try this one exactly like the stock version with 2.5 sense, but has all the junk removed and tweaked. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113219

Quote:
i don't know how custom roms are now but i used to get em back in the day with my mogal and they were horrible full of programs i didn't need and incredibly buggy as a result they became slow and i had to soft reset those many times a day i was always afraid i would brick my phone so when i got this tp2 i vowed to stay away from custom roms but it seems that where everyone is going. As i said i love the 6.5 rom just the memory loss is an issue for me can you recomend a rom that is not buggy and similar to the default sprint rom with out all these customized screens and preloaded with programs that eat your memory

Last edited by pimpol10; 04-17-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

If you want a ROM that is like stock only tweaked, this is where to look ...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115405

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

spediegunz is a n00b

i appreciate the recommendation pimp but how can i got back to manilla 2.1 after experiencing the 2.5 with all the inhanced weather features and what not i have been tainted. I'd rather not make that trade off for the memory loss i know it might sound dumb but i really like it im sure someone or sprint will come out with a better rom that still includes the sense 2.5
Old 04-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sense 2.1 has that same weather features to. The main difference is it doesn't have the quick link shortcuts on the home-screen, other than that it's pretty much the same as 2.5. If you don't like 2.1 than try this one exactly like the stock version with 2.5 sense, but has all the junk removed and tweaked. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113219

Quote:
i appreciate the recommendation pimp but how can i got back to manilla 2.1 after experiencing the 2.5 with all the inhanced weather features and what not i have been tainted. I'd rather not make that trade off for the memory loss i know it might sound dumb but i really like it im sure someone or sprint will come out with a better rom that still includes the sense 2.5

Last edited by pimpol10; 04-17-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

spediegunz is a n00b

ok ill give it a try thanks
Old 04-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

let me know how everything is after you try it. I'll try to help if you need any. Just message me.

Quote:
ok ill give it a try thanks
Old 04-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

you can try this. I don't know if it helps or not, but you could be the guinea pig.
sometimes its not memory leak, but things being cached on your phone so it can access them faster. too many things cached and it eats up all the memory, I think htc's music player is espcially bad, it saves all the albums so if you have a lot of music...
also search for clearTemp, it might clear the cached files for you, but it is cooked into my ROM and I don't have the cab.
Attached Files
File Type: cab memory leak mod.cab (1.2 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2