PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: memory loss through out day

I have noticed zero memory leak. I am running MM 6.5 2.5. I did, this last go around, run a task 29 then installed it fresh on its own. From what I have read the clean ram doesn't help much on custom roms let alone more than a soft reset.

I do have the animated backgrounds off and weather set to off. It is a must with CHT 7.1 and everything else to be "snappy" on the TP2.

I don't miss it with some nice HDwalls.

Last edited by badb4c; 04-17-2010 at 10:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
you can try this. I don't know if it helps or not, but you could be the guinea pig..
I checked the cab.
It is one seemingly harmless reg entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS
Cache size is set to 256.

I must assume by setting the size, it is no longer left up to the OP system to use and change and suk up.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:13 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I checked the cab.
It is one seemingly harmless reg entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS
Cache size is set to 256.

I must assume by setting the size, it is no longer left up to the OP system to use and change and suk up.
Bad info, if you was to read the key and values for the cache in the boot hive you would see that per MSFT's suggestion the cache size is set at zero for performance within the OS when you add a size it will actually slow the OS down because now you are putting a cap on it .... don't believe me disable the cache and see how much slower your rom will be ... MSFT is finally picking up on a tweak that has been around forever lol
Old 04-18-2010, 02:19 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
Bad info, if you was to read the key and values for the cache in the boot hive you would see that per MSFT's suggestion the cache size is set at zero for performance within the OS when you add a size it will actually slow the OS down because now you are putting a cap on it .... don't believe me disable the cache and see how much slower your rom will be ... MSFT is finally picking up on a tweak that has been around forever lol
so you are saying this tweak is a bad idea???

my guess is that if your cache is getting too big, might be time for a soft reset anyways.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
You are correct.
I definitely believe what your saying because I now remember that.
So I would also leave it at zero and enabled.

I was trying to rationalize a reason as to why set that entry.

I wasn't thinking about performance, I was thinking about memory usage.
mayby I wasnt thinking at all! lol

Most manila 2.5 roms, with homescreen addons, and with opera10 are heavily burdened with low memory as it is.

Personally I would not mess with it.
But I might try it as last resort if my mem was really really low.
As it would end up being slow anyway.

Actually what I would do is just flash another rom
Old 08-27-2010, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: galaxy s5, iPhone 6s plus 64
Carrier: AT&T

great2c4me is a n00b

wow, this yhread was starting to get good. so spedieguns - what'd you come up wirh after these several months?
(my feelings are a lot like yours with 6.5... its a pig, but what can we do - or more so, what'd u end up doing?)
Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

why did u resurrect a thread from april when u coulda just went to the one on this topic a couple days ago. maldito novato baboso.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

spediegunz is a n00b

I ended up tryin several different custom roms so far I like the Mr X one the most it pretty fast and stable i can go a good week without having to soft reset but the shelf life of any 6.5 rom is about 2 months b4 the phone starts getting buggy so i just keep doing a hard reset every 2 months and resync on my pc to all my stuff back its not really a fix to the problem but it keeps me going.... the end result that i have come up with is just to stop wishing and hoping that windows mobile can ever make a rom for a phone that is solid im am officially switching to android as soon as I can afford the evo case closed!!!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
why did u resurrect a thread from april when u coulda just went to the one on this topic a couple days ago. maldito novato baboso.
Because I, unlike other ignorant imbeciles, don't like clutter - I simply searched to see if anyone was having the same problem that I was and this thread seemed most appealing... rather than starting a new thread, I read instead... that's what forms are for - for anyone wondering if they should just jump on and thread their own individual problems - should search first. So, go on... resurrect if you have a question in that forum discussion.
but thanks for asking.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spediegunz View Post
I ended up tryin several different custom roms so far I like the Mr X one the most it pretty fast and stable i can go a good week without having to soft reset but the shelf life of any 6.5 rom is about 2 months b4 the phone starts getting buggy so i just keep doing a hard reset every 2 months and resync on my pc to all my stuff back its not really a fix to the problem but it keeps me going.... the end result that i have come up with is just to stop wishing and hoping that windows mobile can ever make a rom for a phone that is solid im am officially switching to android as soon as I can afford the evo case closed!!!!!!
I hold the same opinion. my pop's just got that phone... and so did my class mate - lucky bastards. I am a 'broke' bastard... completely different.
I'll just wait till the price comes down a bit more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2