PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 06:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

warheed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to warheed
Text time issue

This is not the issue with the 2016 text date. I have upgraded my Sprint TP2 from 6.1 to 6.5. now I am experiencing a strange issue when I get a text. The text reads that it's from 5 hours in the future.. On the flip side, my texts are outgoing at the correct time.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Text time issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by warheed View Post
This is not the issue with the 2016 text date. I have upgraded my Sprint TP2 from 6.1 to 6.5. now I am experiencing a strange issue when I get a text. The text reads that it's from 5 hours in the future.. On the flip side, my texts are outgoing at the correct time.
I have experience the same issue recently. Its quite random, though. I'm not sure if it's network or device related.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Are either of you using a Sprint Airave? It's been known to cause the time date stamp to be off by a few hours.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Are either of you using a Sprint Airave? It's been known to cause the time date stamp to be off by a few hours.
Wow, never thought of that! I have one of those buggers sitting right next to my desktop! Besides making my phone randomly wake up, its screwing with my text message stamps too!?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

warheed is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to warheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Wow, never thought of that! I have one of those buggers sitting right next to my desktop! Besides making my phone randomly wake up, its screwing with my text message stamps too!?
I'm not using the Airave.

It's funny you should mention the phone randomly waking up, I was just recently dealing with that issue inside my house. I had to change the CDMA roaming setting and it cleared that up..

Anyway, still no solution to this strange time issue with the texts.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Lurker

Shabaz is a n00b

Got the same issue. But not using an Airave and its not only in one location. I have had this issue in a couple of different places. Mine start after the last time I synced with MyPhone a couple of nights ago. Do any of you guys notice it starting after that too? I already did a hard reset yesterday thinking it would fix it, but no luck. I really hope someone figures out how to fix this soon, cuz its really annoying.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

You may not think your using a Airave...but you could be. See the Airave by default is open to anyone using the Sprint Network...up to I think 3 users at a time....but by default any 3 users can connect to that Airave, and not even know it. You can block access to the Airave by calling Sprint, and or add up to 50 different numbers to allow on the device.

Basically what I am saying is, you may not have a Airave, but Sprint Coustomer that lives near you, or above you may have one and your phone is grabbing that signal. I personally have my blocked for only my 3 phones...so anybody else can't use it.

This may or may not be the case....but it could be. Shabaz, have you tried sending txt's away from where you were having the issue? Try the next town over, or down the street from where you live....or all else fails...call up Sprint...and ask them wtf is going on...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Lurker

Shabaz is a n00b

Yeah, I sent texts all over town and so far it happened in a couple of specific locations. As of right now everything seems ok, but if it happens again I'm def calling sprint. The first time it happened I thought it was hilarious that I got a text from the future, lol. But then it got annoying real fast. I wonder if it has anything to do with switching from the Sprint network onto a different tower or something?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

pmishkin is a n00b

I'm having a similar issue. I recently updated to WM6.5 and restored my text messages from myphone. All my messages from a while back wound up with the 2016 date issue, but the patch from WM6.1 will not work with WM6.5. Does anyone know how I can either correct this or change the dates at the myphone end of things ??
Old 04-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker

Shabaz is a n00b

I talked to a sprint rep yesterday and they said that HTC is supposedly going to release an update to fix this issue sometime in May. They didnt know the official date though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2