PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to stop "double" Calendar notification ?

Here's the problem:

I set a calendar event to notify me one hour in advance. The notification goes off, and I acknowledge it. Then it goes off again at the actual event time. Anyone know any registry hacks or other ways to set the calendar to ONLY notify me at the advance time?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/764; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

+1 for me as well. Its really annoying.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 04-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How to stop "double" Calendar notification ?

Go get SKTools and you can delete duplicate calender, duplicate eventw and duplicate contacts at the push of a button.

http://www.s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

There is a trial version but will only let you delete 5 at a time. Totally worth the money, I think its like 10 bucks. It also optimizes and compresses your registry and if your phone is not yet flashed, you can make registry changes from the program itself.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!
Threadstarter

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Go get SKTools and you can delete duplicate calender, duplicate eventw and duplicate contacts at the push of a button.

http://www.s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

There is a trial version but will only let you delete 5 at a time. Totally worth the money, I think its like 10 bucks. It also optimizes and compresses your registry and if your phone is not yet flashed, you can make registry changes from the program itself.
I think you misunderstood. These are not duplicate events. As an example, when you set a notification to go off an hour before a SINGLE calendar event it goes off twice. (once an hour before the event just like you expected, and again at the actual calendar event time.) If I set it to notify me me an hour before the event that's the ONLY time I want to be notified.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I've been irritated by this from the time I had my Mogul, then the Diamond and now the TP2. I don't think there is any way to change it.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I think you misunderstood. These are not duplicate events. As an example, when you set a notification to go off an hour before a SINGLE calendar event it goes off twice. (once an hour before the event just like you expected, and again at the actual calendar event time.) If I set it to notify me me an hour before the event that's the ONLY time I want to be notified.
Sorry about that, double notification on the same event? The only thing that comes to mind would be the remind frequency.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

As far as I know, there is no way to stop this. It's just the way Outlook works on our phones. (Actually, Outlook notifications on the desktop work the same way.)
Its quite frustrating actually.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2