PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sercet Rom no one knew about & it the FASTEST!!!

ur right and some people have higher standars when it comes to functionality, just gotta find the right balance for yourself i guess. glad you found a rom that u like though man, thats all that counts
Old 04-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

for me, I totally deleted sense and run mobile shell. much faster and for me, just as functional.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:52 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
Numbers don't mean everything. When comparing sense 2.1 vs 2.5, a lot of the 2.5 roms show faster numbers wise, but when it comes down to it, 2.5 just has too much lag, 2.1 doesn't. Sense 2.5 just is not made for our TP2's. It's made for stronger phones. Like say Evo and the HD2. Not saying that all these custom roms with 2.5 are junk and the cooks aren't any good. Just that, you can only do so much with the hardware you're give. Newer is not always better. Try if before you knock it.
Quote:
Your right they released it for us, but it's sh*tly as hell!!! They tried, but it sucked, I know everyone on here agrees with that. 2.5 is not suppose to be on the TP2. Unless you don't mind how slow/laggy it is. I guess some people are pickier than others and we all have different taste. But anything slow is not for me, I don't care how nice something is but if it's slow I don't want it. Would you want a Great/Fast looking car that's not fast? I know I don't 2.5 looks a little better, but 2.1 is just faster period
There is a lot of bad info that gets passed through this site and post like this is how .... I am not in anyway bashing you or your thoughts but let me clarify one thing for everyone ... when the HD2 was released it was released with a mix of HTC Sense and Manila. The code inside the original Sense was based on the hardware capabilities of the HD2. The newer builds of Manila\HTC Sense are mostly agnostic and can be used on most WVGA devices, there is only certain packages in Manila that may rely on a faster processer, but for the most part HTC Sense is and can fully function on a TD2 HD TP2 or whatever. Now what we need is for HTC to hurry up and release a patch for the facebook album issues lol
Old 04-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
There is a lot of bad info that gets passed through this site and post like this is how .... I am not in anyway bashing you or your thoughts but let me clarify one thing for everyone ... when the HD2 was released it was released with a mix of HTC Sense and Manila. The code inside the original Sense was based on the hardware capabilities of the HD2. The newer builds of Manila\HTC Sense are mostly agnostic and can be used on most WVGA devices, there is only certain packages in Manila that may rely on a faster processer, but for the most part HTC Sense is and can fully function on a TD2 HD TP2 or whatever. Now what we need is for HTC to hurry up and release a patch for the facebook album issues lol
good info jd, never knew that. thank you!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

I agree. Silence ROMs were always very fast. Wish he didn't go to the iPhone...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

the latest sense 2012 is the fastest 2.5 sense.
It was desiged for our phones, so it is not as taxing on our TP2 processor.
BUT other versions meant for other stronger devices like HD2 also have more features.

With 2012 version Manila/sense and latest build 21899 I was able to feel my unit running as fast as a Sense 2.1 rom..

Tests aside,
I always perceived Silence, MrX, and Malrom the fastest and thats why they are in my sig
EDIT: mayby I shoulda made my sig font bigger

Last edited by Maxx134; 04-17-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:39 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
the latest sense 2012 is the fastest 2.5 sense.
It was desiged for our phones, so it is not as taxing on our TP2 processor.
BUT other versions meant for other stronger devices like HD2 also have more features.

With 2012 version Manila/sense and latest build 21899 I was able to feel my unit running as fast as a Sense 2.1 rom..

Tests aside,
I always perceived Silence, MrX, and Malrom the fastest and thats why they are in my sig
EDIT: mayby I shoulda made my sig font bigger
Again lets not post bad information, 2013,2012,2011 are all device agnostic T-Mobile and Sprint are the only carriers that I know of that has modded or added features to their versions of HTC Sense, the first version of HTC Sense 2.5 to surface with the document and later the E-Reader tabs came from carrier (T-Mobile) test roms the first actual shipped rom that surfaced to have a "completed" version of Sense was a Topaz S2 ROM then later the Rhodium SEA rom (which the SPCS rom is relative to) showed up
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:11 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
OK, maybe it's not top secret, but remember when Silence left because he got an Iphone, so he stop making custom roms for us! Well I found an UPDATE for his Silence Rom, it's version 12.1 made by tommyr using his Silence 12 kitchen!!! I don't believe this version ever got popular!!!! And let me tell you, it's even faster!!!!!! I can't believe it it!! The original Silence 12 Rom started up after a fresh boot had around 107mb of free ram, the updated Silence 12.1 rom has 114mb+ of free ram!! WoW! So if your a fan of WM6.5 w2.1 sense(I know not many) than this is your rom!!! Please give THANKS too tommyr for this update! And me to if you want Try it, I swear, believe me, it's the fast rom out!!

here the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=938
lol, dunno where this came from but i didnt do much work cept some beginner kitchen stuff, thank silence for all that hard work wherever he is enjoying his shitty iphone

looks like he only needs 9 more thanks to reach 150 1st post so plz go thank him now so i can link u to that ole kitchen 3 months ago

the true secret was the kitchen meant 4 u guys to explore and enjoy like i have.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1
Threadstarter

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey jd i never stated anywhere the 2.5 can't work on tp2. all i said was it slower compare to 2.1. i notice it most with weather and quicklicks on the homescreen. name one rom out there with 2.5 that can display the homescreen with weather animation and doesn't slowdown because I haven't found none. I know of a 2.1 that can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post

Last edited by pimpol10; 04-18-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for sharing your story pimpol10, I agree manila 2.1 while abandoned is still a very light and fast

one thing though! the thread title it's been driving me nuts all day

-go to edit post/advanced options
-you can edit the Thread tittle
- from "sercet rom" to "secret rom"

lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2