PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Muldaak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK, I can't handle this anymore.

Hello all,

I have been searching through these forums for the past week and a half. I am completely green/noobish when it comes to flashing a phone. This is my first WM phone.

Is there a post for the noobiest of noobs to learn how to do this? From what I have gathered after a week, this is what I have to do:

1. Unlock the phone.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252
Unfortunatly, this .exe file doesn't work for me.
Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2, bought it 1 week ago.
WM 6.5
Windows XP SP3
ActiveSync is up and running.
Logged in as Administrator
Double click .exe icon and get this:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, Path, or File. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

2. Unlock a radio? From what I gather, the radio has something to do with the internet connection?

3. Install ROM.

4. Install .cabs desired.

Things I can't not find are:

1. How do I tell what version of Sense I have?
2. No one really speaks of Verizon TP2's, just Sprint, Sprint, Sprint. Are they the same?
3. Can .cabs be installed/added to a phone without having to Unlock it? Like an App?
4. Is there a post somewhere with step by step procedures for noobs?

I'm sure there is more, but just getting frustrated. Can't do a thing with this phone, and getting tired of people telling me I screwed up and should have gotten an iPhone.

Anyway, just needed to rant. Thanks for reading all,

M
Old 04-16-2010, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: OK, I can't handle this anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldaak View Post
Hello all,

I have been searching through these forums for the past week and a half. I am completely green/noobish when it comes to flashing a phone. This is my first WM phone.

Is there a post for the noobiest of noobs to learn how to do this? From what I have gathered after a week, this is what I have to do:

1. Unlock the phone.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252
WM 6.5
Windows XP SP3
"Windows cannot access the specified device, Path, or File. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

2. Unlock a radio? From what I gather, the radio has something to do with the internet connection?

3. Install ROM.

4. Install .cabs desired.

Things I can't not find are:

1. How do I tell what version of Sense I have?
2. No one really speaks of Verizon TP2's, just Sprint, Sprint, Sprint. Are they the same?
3. Can .cabs be installed/added to a phone without having to Unlock it? Like an App?
4. Is there a post somewhere with step by step procedures for noobs?

I'm sure there is more, but just getting frustrated. Can't do a thing with this phone, and getting tired of people telling me I screwed up and should have gotten an iPhone.

Anyway, just needed to rant. Thanks for reading all,

M

1. for unlocking the phone take a look at the video tutorial i made st the link below, i was verizon just made on customers sprint phone and works fine. the links to what you need are in the description under the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7CPM3yeUk

2. the radio is what picks up the signal for our device. of course if you have a radio that works better in yoru area you are going ot get better signal resulting in faster speeds and prolonged battery life.

3. installing a rom is also covered in the unlocking and flashing video from #1

4. on installing cabs as long as they arent provider or gsm specific they will work no problem on your phone.... you can install any app as long as it isnt the carrier specific like sprint navigation or spritn music on a verizon device or vice versa.

1. for what version of sense you are running you can tell by going to the settigns tab on touchlo than go to software information and you will find windows versio as well as manila version.

2. for the most part sprint and the verizon tp2 are same, the keyboards and the coloring of the housign are different colors as well as one being a 500 and one a 400 model. (verizon is the 500 and the better of the two)

3. yes you can install cabs without unlocking the device... unlcoking is only to allow you to flash custom roms. you can install any cab that works and is compatible with the rom that you are running.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Touch Pro 2 Discussion for more accurate answers
Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Muldaak is a n00b

Thank you VERY much for the reply.

I am actually fine with the ROM on it already (stock) I just wanted to add a few "apps" that I would like for my business.

I was under the impression to do so, I needed to Unlock it, then install a ROM. Thank you for clearing that up for me

As I posted, I am unable to unlock it anyway, the unlock .exe file won't run

But again, thank you very much for the reply!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Try unlocking from the bootloader. Sometimes when I have communication problems between phone and pc, bootloader works. To get there, turn off the phone, then hold down volume down key whild pressing power button. Works for sprint anyway, may be different for Verizon TP2.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
1. for unlocking the phone take a look at the video tutorial i made st the link below, i was verizon just made on customers sprint phone and works fine. the links to what you need are in the description under the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7CPM3yeUk

2. the radio is what picks up the signal for our device. of course if you have a radio that works better in yoru area you are going ot get better signal resulting in faster speeds and prolonged battery life.

3. installing a rom is also covered in the unlocking and flashing video from #1

4. on installing cabs as long as they arent provider or gsm specific they will work no problem on your phone.... you can install any app as long as it isnt the carrier specific like sprint navigation or spritn music on a verizon device or vice versa.

1. for what version of sense you are running you can tell by going to the settigns tab on touchlo than go to software information and you will find windows versio as well as manila version.

2. for the most part sprint and the verizon tp2 are same, the keyboards and the coloring of the housign are different colors as well as one being a 500 and one a 400 model. (verizon is the 500 and the better of the two)

3. yes you can install cabs without unlocking the device... unlcoking is only to allow you to flash custom roms. you can install any cab that works and is compatible with the rom that you are running.
and why is the verizon tp2 better than the sprint???

Old 04-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Muldaak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Try unlocking from the bootloader. Sometimes when I have communication problems between phone and pc, bootloader works. To get there, turn off the phone, then hold down volume down key whild pressing power button. Works for sprint anyway, may be different for Verizon TP2.
I would love to. But it doesn't work for me. No matter how I try with admin account.
WM 6.5
Windows XP SP3

I am at a loss at to why it won't start up for me.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

I thought there was some trouble with the unlocker and newer tp2's. something to do with an updated hspl or something.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldaak View Post
I would love to. But it doesn't work for me. No matter how I try with admin account.
WM 6.5
Windows XP SP3

I am at a loss at to why it won't start up for me.
I just got a replacement TP2 (the windows key went on my last one, and also had the rainbow banding) and I had the same issue. Do you have AVG installed perchance? I couldn't get the unlocker to work until I uninstalled AVG. I tried disabling it every which way and it still wouldn't work until I completely uninstalled it. Hope this helps.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Muldaak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WythDryden View Post
I just got a replacement TP2 (the windows key went on my last one, and also had the rainbow banding) and I had the same issue. Do you have AVG installed perchance? I couldn't get the unlocker to work until I uninstalled AVG. I tried disabling it every which way and it still wouldn't work until I completely uninstalled it. Hope this helps.
I have AVG Installed, but not running unless I choose to. It is the light version.

The error I get doesn't seem like a Anti-Virus error, I could be wrong though. I'll try it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2