PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tynie3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question about insurance

so I have a TP2 with a modded rom and the screen broke so i have to send it back to asurion is there going to be a problem?or is there a plan of action i need to take???
Old 04-16-2010, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: question about insurance

you're busted man.. i dont know what else to tell ya.. :\
Old 04-16-2010, 05:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

not at all.. asurion is for lost, stolen, or user incurred damages ie water, dropping it etc... your fine man, its allowed to be all busted up lol... oops, you mean you cant get the rom off.. thats fine, use Mymobiler, bring up your display and reflash from there... and using the ruu, you dont need to see your screen anyways.. you should be able to flash back id think
Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kixcastillo is a n00b

Sprint employee here...don't worry about it.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nah im all seriousness don't worry!

hehe i was just having some fun up there, but there is not worries, on these Windows Phones flashing a rom to them is like changing a wallpaper on your razor. no big deal, and the screen is broken?

they will most likely send you a replacement refurb or new in box
Old 04-16-2010, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

swak is just getting started

Why send it in? Just lose it except for the the battery and stylus. I think you pay the deductable either way?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by swak View Post
Why send it in? Just lose it except for the the battery and stylus. I think you pay the deductable either way?
I think there is a higher deductible for a lost phone over a returned phone. Plus when you say you lose the phone they disable the ESN number, meaning it cannot be activated anywhere in the US.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
I think there is a higher deductible for a lost phone over a returned phone. Plus when you say you lose the phone they disable the ESN number, meaning it cannot be activated anywhere in the US.
at least you'll have spare parts

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

sonysw is just getting started

The deductible is the same lost versus broken $100 for sprint. If you claimed stolen, they may ask police report. BTW, they actually send brand new TP2 since they do not have refurb on stock.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

mr_musiq07 is becoming a great contributor

UR good man...I've sent 3 phones back to Asurion with no problem...I only flashed back to stock once..I had the same issue as u (broken screen) but they sent me a "certified like new" (refurb) phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2