PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ATT Tilt 2
Carrier: ATT

AngelDeath is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS Hot Fix test

Greetings All,

I managed to wrap up a hotfix for our SMS problem with lagging and not being able to txt. I am currently testing this to see how it is working, and so far, on an install level it went without a hitch.

This is not a fix for a noob, I STRONGLY suggest noobs do not attempt this hotfix, I am not responsible for bricking, crashing, loss of data, or frying of your phone! I assume no responsiblitly and if you attempt this you are doing so with knowing the risks that come with this!

Now since that is out of the way:

This hotfix is actually the last hotfix for the HD2 HTC messaging app that was dated 1/24/2010. As far as I know the last fix corrected the issue of being able to txt while the thread loaded in the background, and since Seppi at XDA the good soul came up with migrating the fix to tp2 but was a much older version (1.5.2011.2130) I decided I wasnt waiting for HTC and decided to take their HD2 hotfix and do the same thing Seppi did and here it is.

HotFix Compatability:

All 2.07.40x Manila 2.5 Roms. NOT COMPATABILE WITH ANY PRIOR OR FUTURE ROMS. All Languages Supported.

You Have to turn off Manila by going to Settings/All Settings/Today/Items and pick windows default. Also make SURE HTC messaging is not running or the hotfix will not install.

It will ask you to install either on the Device or SDCard. MUST BE INSTALLED ON DEVICE.

Fixes: (2) Possibily (4) since testing

1) Fixes the SMS lag we all have been dealing with and not being able to type as the whole thread loads. Now SMS's load in background.

2) So Far fixes the loss of contact picture, this is due to a resetting of the phone and associates SMS's to sim card and loses association with phone contact.

3) This is a POSSIBILITY, The infamous SOD might also be fixed, I since have not had any.

4) Again POSSIBILITY, The other infamous while typing the screen goes black, or as soon as you hit send the screen goes black.

Known Bugs: (3)

1) Same as in the HD2 at times the screen when rotating from landscape to portrait might mix up the last line where the last line and the one above it merge, going back to landscape corrects this. Does not happen from portrait to landscape.

2) All prior SMS's might not associate with the corresponding phone contacts.

3) This MAY reset your MMS settings and will need to re-enter MMS info. based on your service provider. You can reach this by tabing to Msgs/All msgs/Menu/Settings/Options/Menu/MMS Server. Select SampleMMSC to change your settings Manually.

Or going to Settings/All Settings/Connections/Connections Setup and going through the wizard again.

Notes:

I have attached two files, One is a direct install with no way to uninstall it, this is how I have it setup and is working. The other file has an uninstall feature incase of anything can be removed. I have not tested the one with the uninstall feature to see if it would work that way, but Your free to test it out.

To know if the hotfix has been applied, to go Msgs/All Msgs/Menu/About if successful, your app build should be 1.5 (Build 2011.3631) The original version on the TP2 was Build 2011.3831.

Any comments good or bad Feel Free.
Attached Files
File Type: cab AD_SMS_HotFix.cab (7.55 MB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab AD_SMS_HotFix_w-Uninstall.cab (7.55 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: SMS Hot Fix test

Wow 67 views 1 download, and no comments, wonder if thats a good thing. LOL
Old 04-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

because most are looking to ditch the sense SMS altogether, not continue to use it

the WM SMS threaded view is completely skinable in 6.5 so there is really no need for sense sms.. it's too slow and laggy on our device regardless and use a lot of memory loading all the sms.

some of us are working on a solution to completely get rid of sense sms. HTC needs to give us options to disable it since very few are a fan of it.

it's nice you came up with something that helps for those that "like" it.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDeath View Post
Greetings All,

I managed to wrap up a hotfix for our SMS problem with lagging and not being able to txt. I am currently testing this to see how it is working, and so far, on an install level it went without a hitch.

This is not a fix for a noob, I STRONGLY suggest noobs do not attempt this hotfix, I am not responsible for bricking, crashing, loss of data, or frying of your phone! I assume no responsiblitly and if you attempt this you are doing so with knowing the risks that come with this!

Now since that is out of the way:

This hotfix is actually the last hotfix for the HD2 HTC messaging app that was dated 1/24/2010. As far as I know the last fix corrected the issue of being able to txt while the thread loaded in the background, and since Seppi at XDA the good soul came up with migrating the fix to tp2 but was a much older version (1.5.2011.2130) I decided I wasnt waiting for HTC and decided to take their HD2 hotfix and do the same thing Seppi did and here it is.

HotFix Compatability:

All 2.07.40x Manila 2.5 Roms. NOT COMPATABILE WITH ANY PRIOR OR FUTURE ROMS. All Languages Supported.

You Have to turn off Manila by going to Settings/All Settings/Today/Items and pick windows default. Also make SURE HTC messaging is not running or the hotfix will not install.

It will ask you to install either on the Device or SDCard. MUST BE INSTALLED ON DEVICE.

Fixes: (2) Possibily (4) since testing

1) Fixes the SMS lag we all have been dealing with and not being able to type as the whole thread loads. Now SMS's load in background.

2) So Far fixes the loss of contact picture, this is due to a resetting of the phone and associates SMS's to sim card and loses association with phone contact.

3) This is a POSSIBILITY, The infamous SOD might also be fixed, I since have not had any.

4) Again POSSIBILITY, The other infamous while typing the screen goes black, or as soon as you hit send the screen goes black.

Known Bugs: (3)

1) Same as in the HD2 at times the screen when rotating from landscape to portrait might mix up the last line where the last line and the one above it merge, going back to landscape corrects this. Does not happen from portrait to landscape.

2) All prior SMS's might not associate with the corresponding phone contacts.

3) This MAY reset your MMS settings and will need to re-enter MMS info. based on your service provider. You can reach this by tabing to Msgs/All msgs/Menu/Settings/Options/Menu/MMS Server. Select SampleMMSC to change your settings Manually.

Or going to Settings/All Settings/Connections/Connections Setup and going through the wizard again.

Notes:

I have attached two files, One is a direct install with no way to uninstall it, this is how I have it setup and is working. The other file has an uninstall feature incase of anything can be removed. I have not tested the one with the uninstall feature to see if it would work that way, but Your free to test it out.

To know if the hotfix has been applied, to go Msgs/All Msgs/Menu/About if successful, your app build should be 1.5 (Build 2011.3631) The original version on the TP2 was Build 2011.3831.

Any comments good or bad Feel Free.
first of all i would like to say thanks! but now for my rant. this not a rant towards you no i really like what you have done its just stupid htc

maybe if we found a way to get rid of the stupid htc messaging to beging with we wouldnt have to come up with these stupid fixes. and STILL have these bugs. i really hate htc messaging. i wish it would burn!!! haha.

but really thanks for the hard work and all that you have done to help make ppl happy about htc messaging.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Myself im in he same boat as the previous 2 i dont like the HTC msging app as its so slow and laggy but thumbs up and thanks to angeldeath for trying to make this better than it is.( unfortunatly im a noob n the manilla version im on isnt compatable so cant really test it out sorry)

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 04-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Well I can understand people dis-like of the HTC messaging, I too hated the one that was in 2.1, main reason was cause the graphical send button, I was always use to hitting send at the bottom left, and the missing attachement button as well, but with the 2.5 manila, I have to say it grew on me, but the bugs was making me hate it. And everyone was trying something different, and since HTC decided they were going to come out with the fix for their NEW HD2 and screw US TP2 users, I figured screw them I'm not waiting, and 2 days of searching reading and learning. But no harm, at least anyone that likes it and just hates having to wait for the thread to load to text at least now has an option, I have been using it since the day before I posted this, and its working very well, yes the msg load lag is still there, but my care is opening a thread and being able to type right away, and I can do that now, and when I hit send, I can hit the end button and get out of it without having to wait for the msg to be done.

Still looking for the file that is the template and what not for the msg screen in the files, maybe its an error in there, so far I found two trivial errors that I fixed. But still looking between the files that was replaced in the HD2 hotfix and the current EU ROM 2.07 files, because the old trick of hitting send on a blank screen doesnt work anymore on the new fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2