PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Messages cannot be downloaded..."

This has been happening randomly, but sometimes my phone just sits trying to receive headers...once the screen turns off it can't be turned back on until the error message pops up saying "messages cannot be downloaded to your phone..." This has happened a few times, and I'm testing it right now and it's doing the same thing. I'm running a stock Sprint 6.5 rom, and I'm using Yahoo mail, which has worked in the past on this phone...just randomly.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:18 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP
Re: "Messages cannot be downloaded..."

Weird. I hate it when this seems to be the standard reply to a question but have you tried a hard reset?

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have. Haha, I've been hearing that too much as it is. Thanks though.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Get off that thing, you will be much happier once you make the move to a custom ROM. Plus with customs you get just about any combination of WM and Sense UI.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

hmmm.. is your outgoing settings set to smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com??? the messages cannot be downloaded is usually when your trying to send a message thats gonna fail.. it cant download your incoming messages because outgoing messages go out before incoming comes in.. so if its failing on a send, you cant download new ones..

just a shot is all
Old 04-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Boredandtattooed, I'm not sending anything. But I did notice that the smtp settings are different than what I used to use, meaning no mobile in there. I wonder if that matters.

Could it be that my phone hates the fact that there are 374 e-mails? I know the TP2 is a bitch with content, apparently.

I'm testing it by the way...4 straight times it locks up, and it hasn't gotten the test e-mail I sent through. A soft reset seemingly fixed it this morning, but I'd like to fix the problem rather than the aftermath.

Last edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot; 04-16-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 AM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Sorry bout that...and that is a pretty lame answer most of the time ya know?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:41 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

so you fixed it??? did you change the settings???
Old 04-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I think I fixed it...I just limited it to the past 3 days. It's just kind of annoying...this phone seems like a step back. Is there anyway to be able to have all of my e-mails and have the phone work? This is kind of annoying. Thanks for the help so far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2