PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

fmesposito is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 International Data Roaming

Looking in the existing threads hasn't revealed a similar issue. I am currently traveling through Europe and can not get International Data to work on my phone but voice roaming is working perfectly. When trying to use data I receive an error that the receiving modem has hung up - I am assuming that this is because the phone is trying to dial #777 which is not how data connections work here. I called Verizon and Activated international roaming and also upgraded to the Global DataPlan.

What settings do I need to use to use data on the phone? I am currently in the Netherlands but had the same problem in France and Brussels and will be in Spain, Italy, Germany and Prauge next. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2, Windows Mobile 6.5, MM ROM
Old 04-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro 2 International Data Roaming

Hi, I have never had any problems in Europe - but I did have a similar issue in Japan and China.

I set the 'Mode of operation' to GSM/UMTS only (for whatever reason in Global mode it was still saying I was on CDMA...so I had to force it to use GSM - but if your phone is working this probably isnt your issue). The other thing that I did as stupid as it sounds - was removed the battery for a couple of minutes...

Also try changing your network selection to Manual and try the various networks that are available. I found out in China that of the 2 available networks, data worked on one but not the other while phone worked on both.

One other idea - I believe when the 777 message comes up there is a link in the message you can click (blue text) and it takes you to the modem or whatever screen. Once I had to go to that and hit re-connect or fix or whatever is on that screen.

Good luck.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Threadstarter

fmesposito is a n00b

Still no joy - any tips much appreciated.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Are you using Sprint GSM mode? I had similar problem when I was in India. It keep dialing #777. Try to find out your current provider in Sprint gsm roaming and try to find settings online and enter them on your phone add new connection select gprs and enter access point and all the necessary information.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Have you looked into a prepaid SIM voice-plus data card. I have read that Tmobile has them. There should be at least one major GSM carrier in Europe who offers something like that. Or just call VZW someone should be able to tell you what the Modem/radio settings are to connect to data, or maybe VZW only covers voice internationally. You might want to give them a call. I cant say for certain as Im a sprint customer and brand new Tmobile customer.

I would give VZW a call see what they say, then if they dont provide a solution I would look into some sort of Euro-prepaid SIM with with data. If you go the 2nd route make sure you get all the info you need first, many of those companys that make pre paid SIMs make you register and have to configure you phone just to use them. Hope that helps in some way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2