PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

userme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
renaming START button

is there a way to change the name START on start menu to BEGIN?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: renaming START button

I'd be interested in this as well

Don't click me
Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda

I still haven't figured out how to do that yet... Hope an answer comes soon.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
I still haven't figured out how to do that yet... Hope an answer comes soon.
Not sure if this still works or not.
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=458903

Detailed-How to change Start text
UPDATE 12-21-08
There is some talk that you need to also install the Sdcerts cab before this process will work. Freezing the phone sucks so i would do this first. I will add it to page one.

After bricking my phone three times-I finally got it right. I have a HTC Touch Pro-nobody really explained it to me like I was a two year old-so I decided to break it down. You have to be careful or you will freeze up the phone and then be forced to hard reset. That sucks. So this worked for me. You should extract your own shellres.dll.0409.mui using rom extractor. This is not difficult if you follow these directions. All of the programs are free and I am making a zip to include them all. I included my own shellres.dll.0409.mui. The 0409 refers to the language. It is the code for English.

1. I installed the cab -icon demarrer. It makes a couple registry changes that help the process.
2. Then I used a the rom extractor to get my shellres.dll.0409.mui and copied it to the storage card you have to enter path:\windows\shellres.dll.0409.mui and save to \storage card\shellres.dll.0409.mui To install the Rom extractor You just put the Rom extractor into active sync
3. Then drag the file to the desktop of your computer use unsigner-just drag the file over the unsigner and it is unsigned
4. Then drag the same extracted file over reshacker and navigate the file to change string 321 in the shellres.dll.0409.mui to whatever you want it to say
5. Then open msigner and navigate to your saved file shellres.dll.0409.mui to resign the file
6. Then go to settings/today/items and uncheck to turn off touch flo and then copy the new file from your desktop to the storage card.
7. Install Total Commander on your device-you do this by opening it on your home computer. Then open total commander on your device and navigate to the new file shellres.dll.0409.mui-in the storage card. Then press the stylus on the shellres.dll.0409.mui file and save to clipboard
8. Then use Total Commander to search windows directory for the shellres.dll.0409.mui that is still in the phone. (If possible-rename the file shellres.dll.0409.mui.bak or if not possible press the stylus on top of the shellres.dll.0409.mui that is in the phone and selected for the drop down menue that appears-Paste Here.
9. Then soft reset. Here it is. I included everything you need in the Zip file! Here is where I started-but it is vague-great start icons in the thread though. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426264

The HTC start icon is on the zip entitled shellres.192.dll

Just say thank you if any of this helps you
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files Change Start text shellres (2).zip (1.46 MB, 845 views) shellres.192.zip (350.0 KB, 403 views) sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 242 views)

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

its not hard, just a process
Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Not even one thanks yet? I'll pop that cherry...

Nice find Hypnotic...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

If all else fails here is the ultimate FAQ about task bars (even with a link to create your own task bar)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

If all you want to do is rename it..

HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/
HomeLSKText = name ( for left key
HomeRSText = name for right key name

HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/ => HomeLSKPath = location path to item to launch (or HomeRSK Path = for the right key

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its in the cdma res dll. you gotta unsign it then edit the dll. its like bitmap 301 last i believe. then compile new dll. then resign it . then overwrite it in windows directory....

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Well I got the start menu text changed to Begin, but for some reason the start menu will not open now. If anybody want to try some more here is the file:

Warning, dont install this .cab!! It will change the text to Begin, but It will freeze your start menu!! Im done with this for now because it just is not that important to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2