PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

cracovian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Broken screen on the new TP2...

My a-hole kid kicked me on the pocket of my pants while I was sitting on the sofa and now the screen is broken... The phone is fine but I'd hate to live with this for another two years...

It's almost been a month now, I just added insurance through Sprint, so what are my options? Do you guys know the best way to approach it? What should I do next and how much is this going to cost me?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Broken screen on the new TP2...

You can buy a new screen + digitizer for something like $40 off ebay and install a new screen yourself.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Or get rid of your A-hole kid all together, then you'll have enough money to buy whatever phone you want.
With Sprint TEP insurance, it'll cost you 100 bucks to replace the phone.
p.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
You can buy a new screen + digitizer for something like $40 off ebay and install a new screen yourself.
And while doing so you will void your warranty. Don't do what the previous poster recommended....You say you have insurance, then create a claim with asurian, fork over the deductible and get yourself a new phone...that's what your paying for. How long have you had the insurance btw? If you want to go the route the previous poster passed along...then you can do so...but if anything ever happens to the phone that you cannot fix, then your cell provider won't be able to help you. You also might want to contact HTC on this matter and see if you can't send the phone into them and pay for the replacement screen.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
And while doing so you will void your warranty. Don't do what the previous poster recommended....You say you have insurance, then create a claim with asurian, fork over the deductible and get yourself a new phone...that's what your paying for. How long have you had the insurance btw? If you want to go the route the previous poster passed along...then you can do so...but if anything ever happens to the phone that you cannot fix, then your cell provider won't be able to help you. You also might want to contact HTC on this matter and see if you can't send the phone into them and pay for the replacement screen.
Asurion doesn't care if you break warranty. Insurance is purchased in case your phone isn't covered by warranty. So although this would be a case to use insurance, I never liked getting a refurbished phone. Also, I think the refurbished phone you get back will be under different warranty terms than your brand new phone, but you'll have to check that out yourself. This also means that down the road you can use your insurance to get a new phone still.

I would suggest checking w/ your provider and HTC to see if you can get a replacement screen.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cracovian is a n00b

Thanks for your suggestions, guys... Do you always get a refurbished phone? Would they not try to fix the screen first? Oh, and the insurance; I sort of signed up for it today... just in case something like this would happen
Old 04-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Tree Trunk Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracovian View Post
Thanks for your suggestions, guys... Do you always get a refurbished phone? Would they not try to fix the screen first? Oh, and the insurance; I sort of signed up for it today... just in case something like this would happen
Asurion almost always just sends out a refurbished phone and almost never is it your phone. If they did that it would take weeks to send your phone back...now they get your phone, verify, and send out a refurbished one. If you get HTC or your phone provider to warranty the phone then you will get the same one back.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

file a claim i did and got a brand new in box cause referbs were out. oh i didnt have to send my old back first. so act fast.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 04-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cracovian is a n00b

Since I just got the insurance today, do I have to wait 30 days or something like that or can I file tomorrow?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

vanasdc is a n00b

Filing a claim soon after purchasing insurance is a clue to the adjuster that you are committing insurance fraud, which is exactly what you would be doing. FYI, insurance fraud is punishable by fine and/or imprisonment. The appropriate solution to your situation is to get a loaner and send your phone off for repair.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2