PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Texts not coming through!!!

Guys I dont know whats going on here!

Im not recieving Some texts from verison customers. They are recieving them from me though. There is no pattern to which ones I recieve and which ones I dont.

Im not sure if its my phone that is freezing (even though the screen is not frozen) and causing the texts to come through or not or if its something different.

I flashed a few different roms and it happens with all of them!

Please help. Should I call sprint? Could it be the phone?

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 04-13-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

massimo51 is a n00b
Re: Texts not coming through!!!

Is it just with Verizon? Which rom are you using? Have you tried going back to the standard sprint rom? which apps are you running?

I had that happen to me with S2U2 when I first started playing with it. It turned out I needed the ResetUnreadCount.cab because many times when it would sleep, i would watch it wake up at the point of which the SMS text messages should've been received but there was no notification and the texts just disappeared.

Try sending yourself some texts first from your own phone and then because you're with sprint like myself, go here http://sprint.zipwhip.com/ and send yourself some texts, even some timed texts. I received them almost instantaneously. If you get a delay, it shouldn't be for very long.

If you still have the problem go to a service center and tell them its something wrong with you phone on the network. I had a really bad problem with my Sprint Mogul / Titan and missing texts and phone calls. The techs could never figure it out, which is why i'm using a touch pro 2 (actually I had the same problem with 3 back to back replacement moguls, I'm guessing the model itself was just having problems on the network, but I doubt that for the touch pro2).

Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work

it's not the phone if others work. can you get voice calls from vz cust's? if not you need to call sprint, there is a problem with the way you are listed in their database. Unless you get someone suave, you might have to have them remove you and re-add you, or else move to another carrier for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Guys I dont know whats going on here!

Im not recieving Some texts from verison customers. They are recieving them from me though. There is no pattern to which ones I recieve and which ones I dont.

Im not sure if its my phone that is freezing (even though the screen is not frozen) and causing the texts to come through or not or if its something different.

I flashed a few different roms and it happens with all of them!

Please help. Should I call sprint? Could it be the phone?

--Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe
Old 04-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo51 View Post
Is it just with Verizon? Which rom are you using? Have you tried going back to the standard sprint rom? which apps are you running?
Timberwolf, Dusk, and rstoyguy Mobile shell.

It possible cant be something wrong with all three roms!

Ive flashed from stock sprint 6.1 to 6.5 to the rom. Done alot of HR SR flash to stock and nothing is working!

Im not running any aps its happening right from boot!

Quote:
i would watch it wake up at the point of which the SMS text messages should've been received but there was no notification and the texts just disappeared.

Exactly, I sometimes catch my phone waking up but nothing comes through! Ive had my co-worker whos also on Verison send me a text all of the sudden it comes up and shows 4 unread texts... He only sent one. So then I play with different types of ways to view the text and it doesn't show up on the tab or the HTC messaging only on the persons profile then text.

Quote:
Try sending yourself some texts first from your own phone and then because you're with sprint like myself, go here http://sprint.zipwhip.com/ and send yourself some texts, even some timed texts. I received them almost instantaneously. If you get a delay, it shouldn't be for very long.

If you still have the problem go to a service center and tell them its something wrong with you phone on the network. I had a really bad problem with my Sprint Mogul / Titan and missing texts and phone calls. The techs could never figure it out, which is why i'm using a touch pro 2 (actually I had the same problem with 3 back to back replacement moguls, I'm guessing the model itself was just having problems on the network, but I doubt that for the touch pro2).

Hope this helps
Im going to have to go to the service center. This sucks!

Just curious if it was me flashing all these roms that could have caused this!?

I hate the normal sprint rom after all these custom roms. Ive been spoiled haha

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 04-13-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Lurker

massimo51 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Timberwolf, Dusk, and rstoyguy Mobile shell.

Exactly, I sometimes catch my phone waking up but nothing comes through! Ive had my co-worker whos also on Verison send me a text all of the sudden it comes up and shows 4 unread texts... He only sent one. So then I play with different types of ways to view the text and it doesn't show up on the tab or the HTC messaging only on the persons profile then text.

It sounds like somethings causing your texts to halt at the point of receiving them, and then when one gets through they all (or at least several get through. I'd say try the cab i mentioned as a last resort, even if your not using S2U2. I don't think their specific to S2U2, it just resets the count so there's no more glitching. Honestly when i first downloaded it, I was crossing my fingers, hoping that it would do the trick and it did.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=381588
**Scroll down and look for "ResetUnreadCount.cab"

I think the logic behind it, is that if the message counts are all screwed up, sms messaging has a seizure and just lets your incoming texts pile up at the door lol. And you did say outgoing was ok, so i tend to lean on the idea that it is a software issue not a network issue.

The thing about flashing one rom after another is that logically you could flash a million times and it shouldn't make a difference, because your wiping the device clean every time, unless there's a common application or setting in the roms you've been using that are causing the issue.

There's one other longshot, depending on how long you've been with sprint, you can have sprint issue you a new MSID, perhaps your MSID is being dropped by the network. Just shooting off ideas on the things I've done and tried. Good Luck.

Last edited by massimo51; 04-13-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

OK,

All I did was flash to stock WM 6.1

Looks like Im recieving all the texts! I haven't missed one yet. Or so it seems!

So is it the rom!?

I dont want to keep this ugly looking interface!

Im stuck as to what to do! Should I flash a custom rom and have this crap happen again or stick with this ugly thing!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Lurker

massimo51 is a n00b

trial by error is all you can do, i haven't strayed from the stock rom yet (soon will though ). Just my two cents. Knowing now that it was something in the rom, I'd either
a) try a completely different rom,
b) reinstall your favorite previous rom, and then immediately install that resetunreadcount.cab (i've actually installed it and reinstalled it multiple times just to make sure that if the problem resurfaced, at least it wouldn't be that. Than start sending multiple texts from a friend, yourself, zipwhip, etc.
c) leave the sprint rom a short period (a couple days at least), no additional software installed (just the bare stock rom). Then if all works out, start installing your favorite apps, and if the problem resurfaces (process of elimination). Weed it out, one app at a time.

The good news is you've made some progress by stepping back for a second. Of the three I'd recommend installing your favorite apps on the stock rom. Knowing that your sms messaging is functioning properly on the stock rom, rule out any unruly apps first before you flash a new rom. If you don't do that, you won't know if the problem is in the rom or in the app. Once you know the apps are good, flash your favorite rom and before filling it with your self-certified working apps, send yourself some more texts in the various manners i mentioned. Once you certify the ROM is good, add your Apps and cross your fingers, it should all be good by then.

P.S. When you start installing apps, leave them on the default settings for a while, til you can rule out the app is good, unless it's creator recommends particular settings for your phone.

I try to stick to common apps that i know everyone else is using here on PPC or at XDA that way i can run a search if i have any issues.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Lurker

Shabaz is a n00b

I was having a similar problem yesterday too. I think mine had something to do with MyPhone. When I synced it some how backtracked my texts to january and got rid of all the other ones since then, which wasnt a big deal. But when ever I got a new text from someone, no matter what network, I would see the symbol for a new text and my phone would vibrate like normal but when I would go to my texts tab I wouldnt be able to find it. It was getting really frustrating so I just did a hard reset. Everything seems to be fine now. And by the way, I'm running the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM
Old 07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Guys I tried all of what massimo recommened and it still Some texts come through while others dont! I dont know what the hell is going on!

I can't trust this phone sometimes Theres no way Ill know if a text came through or not!

WTF do I do! Do you think it could be the phone itself and not the network! i had the same problem with the TP1
Old 07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

One thing I noticed, when using Timber or any rom with a cookie home tab in it, the count would stick a LOT. Funny thing was it was the MMS count, even sometimes when I wouldn't get one. I can't say for all, but I do notice that it counts the recieve part of the MMS that gives you the option of downloading. So, pretty much for every MMS there is two texts. Sorry if I made little to no sense. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2