PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Null12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mucked Up Notifications/Volume--Start Fresh?

Hello All,

I think I've installed one too many Cab files, and I've mucked things up pretty good. I lost the notification/battery/volume slide-out menu after installing a cab that was supposed to give a % remaining for the battery. Uninstalling didn't help. Is it time to flash the rom? If so, do I want to flash it to the Sprint original rom (is there any repercussions) or do I want some other rom (is there some benefit? Detriment?). Which rom do I want?

I appreciate any help you can provide.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Mucked Up Notifications/Volume--Start Fresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null12 View Post
Hello All,

I think I've installed one too many Cab files, and I've mucked things up pretty good. I lost the notification/battery/volume slide-out menu after installing a cab that was supposed to give a % remaining for the battery. Uninstalling didn't help. Is it time to flash the rom? If so, do I want to flash it to the Sprint original rom (is there any repercussions) or do I want some other rom (is there some benefit? Detriment?). Which rom do I want?

I appreciate any help you can provide.
you can hard reset and that will erase everything and make it like brand new. or you can flash the new sprint rom or a custom rom. that will also erase everything on your phone, so just make sure you back up your contacts and stuff with something like Microsoft MyPhone first. Look around in the Upgrade section and see if there's any custom roms you like.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Null12 is a n00b

I guess I'm wondering what the benefit of a custom rom is--does it make things run faster? Provide more features? I see it makes it look different, but beyond the aesthetics, is there any reason to go through the installation?

Also, I imagine a hard reset would put me back to 6.1--or would I go back to 6.5?

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I guess I'm wondering what the benefit of a custom rom is--does it make things run faster? Provide more features? I see it makes it look different, but beyond the aesthetics, is there any reason to go through the installation?

Also, I imagine a hard reset would put me back to 6.1--or would I go back to 6.5?

Thanks for your help!
hard reset doesn't change your rom, it just erases everything and makes it like new, like it was before you started installing or adding or changing anything.
yes...custom roms are all the things you mentioned. just try them out. it only takes a few minutes to flash it to your phone. if you don't like any custom roms, then you can just go back to the stock rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Null12 is a n00b

I really appreciate your help, razorloves. This is all a bit confusing to me. Do you have a recommended tutorial/rom?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I really appreciate your help, razorloves. This is all a bit confusing to me. Do you have a recommended tutorial/rom?
hit me up on messenger and can help you out. screen name up and over to the right ---->
Old 04-13-2010, 03:16 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

there are a lot of benefits to custom roms...as far as which one is the best? thats up to you in what features you want. BUT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, READ, READ, READ. get all the info you can and make sure you have an idea of what your doing....and make sure you Unlock your phone first... not trying to sound harsh, just save you some headaches...

if you dont want to go that far quite yet you can upgrade to the Sprint 6.5 update...people seem to love it..

Help Me Help You

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
flash, rom, touch