PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to microdot
Official sense 2.5 ui for verizon on HTC website??

I have the official verizon 6.5 stock rom on my phone but as I understand its only sense ui 2.1

I saw the article that verizon is working on an official sense 2.5 ui update which i am very interested in since i dont really dabble with custom roms. I saw this morning that HTC has a sense 2.5 ui update for diamond 2 and touch pro 2. See attached article:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...ouch_pro2.html

My question is, is this THE official update and like usual verizon is just slow and has not posted it on their website? Like is was the case with the WM 6.5 update.

If so, could someone also just point out the most obvious differences or benefits of 2.5 so I can see if its worth doing the upgrade? I believe 2.5 allows you to have program shortcuts on the home page. Is that correct and is there more benefits than just that?

Thank you
Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Official sense 2.5 ui for verizon on HTC website??

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
I have the official verizon 6.5 stock rom on my phone but as I understand its only sense ui 2.1

I saw the article that verizon is working on an official sense 2.5 ui update which i am very interested in since i dont really dabble with custom roms. I saw this morning that HTC has a sense 2.5 ui update for diamond 2 and touch pro 2. See attached article:

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...ouch_pro2.html

My question is, is this THE official update and like usual verizon is just slow and has not posted it on their website? Like is was the case with the WM 6.5 update.

If so, could someone also just point out the most obvious differences or benefits of 2.5 so I can see if its worth doing the upgrade? I believe 2.5 allows you to have program shortcuts on the home page. Is that correct and is there more benefits than just that?

Thank you
I think if you go to this link I got via Google, you might understand it a bit, just read the first posts and whole thread if you want

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91741
Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to microdot

Thank you. This cleared up the difference between 2.1 and 2.5. Little concerned about the lack of landscape in 2.5 that they were talking about. What happens if you open phone is landscape mode? is there any screen shots of what it will look like?

I still dont know if this upgrade on HTC is the official verizon update that people were talking about. If i do that upgrade it will still be WM 6.5 stock rom but just with sense 2.5 correct?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Verizon)
Carrier: US Cellular

Athero is a n00b

Its probably international GSM only looking at the supported countries...
Old 04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

arent the newer rom updates (like mighty's) based on the official tp2 2.5 update? i'd try out his official sense 2.5 rom and see how u like it. it also has twitter tab, full screen weather animations, and im sure some other miniscule appearance updates/changes (like the people/contacts tab looks different on 2.5)

like i said try it out, i was like you very hesitant before, but now i would never go back to 2.1
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Mighty's (and others) are based off the Sprint 2.5 upgrade. VZW has yet to release their "official" 2.5 upgrade.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC/AT&T Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

ac0x is becoming a great contributor

I saw this thread and I was like "whooopee!". But you were all just TEASING me

Actually I'd just be happy with program shortcuts on the home tab and the 2.5 "My Favorites" tab (several middle - sized pics to select from instead of one big pic with a teeny-tiny slider). Someone at XDA was working on the first one for 2.1 but hasn't posted anything since December so I'm guessing that project fell by the wayside. I've never seen anything for the second one
Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

that article is from march 19th. it is for gsm devices only.
i highly recommend using custom roms, i can help you get started if you want.. send me a pm

Old 04-09-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC/AT&T Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

ac0x is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
i highly recommend using custom roms...

OK.... and if I'm hijacking this thread then lets start a new one and point me to it.. but .. well... why? Is there a custom ROM that's *stable* (shoot me, I'm old, I'd rather have something that works than something that's trying to impress me), and also isn't slow on our pathetic little 528MHz CPUs?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

ive had no problems with mightyrom or mr.x rom. mighty is super stable, but no extras. mr x has a lil more eye candy, but still just as stable as stock. they are very good chefs. currently i use energy rom with cookie home tab. its got tons and tons of after market apps cooked in. still very stable, but it does freeze up[ every now and then, or i get a half screen with no keyboard when texting. if i exit the program and come back its usually back again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2