PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
push email stops working after restart

Anyone ever have an issue where they setup a connection with an exchange server, everything gets pulled down just fine, then after they restart the phone there's an error synchronizing?

How do I fix this?

Old 04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Re: push email stops working after restart

when this happened to me i had to remove my email, reset and put my email back on. after that it was fine.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:24 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
when this happened to me i had to remove my email, reset and put my email back on. after that it was fine.
dang it's not workin for me
Old 04-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

There once was a setting, long, long ago. From the Active Sync manager on the device, tap Menu in the lower right area of the screen. After tapping Menu, ini the lower right area of the screen, tap Schedule and select the option that worked long, long ago. I have both set to "As items arrive."
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work

Maybe its an issue with the certificate. for some reason I couldn't "pull" the cert when logging into our exchange server so I had to manually install the cert (which I now keep a copy of on my SD card) because we don't have activesync on our work stations. hard resets will wipe out the certificate requiring it to be reinstalled.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeunier View Post
Maybe its an issue with the certificate. for some reason I couldn't "pull" the cert when logging into our exchange server so I had to manually install the cert (which I now keep a copy of on my SD card) because we don't have activesync on our work stations. hard resets will wipe out the certificate requiring it to be reinstalled.
Yeah I've tried installing certificates of every kind from the owa site on different browsers

The IT guy says it works fine on his iphone, as if I give a f*ck. In fact, it's working fine on everyone's phone except windows phones.

The IT guy is an Apple fanboy prick who probably setup the exchange server to NOT work with WM phones all so he can point at them and say look how crappy they are!

Was working PERFECTLY before this guy was hired. I'm gonna tell the owner of the company. I initially bought a WM phone for work for crying out loud.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work

OK you should be able to obtain a cert from your IT Dept. just have them email it to you then copy it to your SD card, then install it. If they are not too forthcoming with it you can get it by logging into the OWA via your desktop. this should install the cert then open the MMC and add the certificate snap in and export a copy of the trusted certs to a folder you create then copy the cert to your SD card (this method will copy ALL trusted certs into one big file so be aware your gonna have certs you don't need installed as well but their very small so they will not take up much room) If you need more detailed instructions just let me know and I will write it up for you CHEERS!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:52 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeunier View Post
OK you should be able to obtain a cert from your IT Dept. just have them email it to you then copy it to your SD card, then install it. If they are not too forthcoming with it you can get it by logging into the OWA via your desktop. this should install the cert then open the MMC and add the certificate snap in and export a copy of the trusted certs to a folder you create then copy the cert to your SD card (this method will copy ALL trusted certs into one big file so be aware your gonna have certs you don't need installed as well but their very small so they will not take up much room) If you need more detailed instructions just let me know and I will write it up for you CHEERS!!
You sound like you know what you're talking about!

More detailed instructions would DEFINITELY be appreciated.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Ok I figured out what was happening. I wasn't exporting the certificate as a P7B file, which apparently you can do from MMC.

I wrote up some instructions for the IT guy to hand out, here they are in case anyone ever has this issue as well:

1. From Internet Explorer, go to your owa website and login
2. Click on the lock icon in the address bar and select view certificates.
3. Click “Install certificate…”
4. Click Next, then click “Place all certificates in the following store…”
5. Click Browse, then select “Personal” then OK.
6. Go to start > run then type “MMC” without quotes.
7. From MMC, click File > Add Remove snap in…
8. On the next screen click Add…
9. Select Certificates from “Available standalone snap-ins list” then “Add”
10. Select “My User Account” and click Finish.
11. Back on the Console window, select Personal > Certificates. There should be a certificate to the right named after your owa site.
12. Right click the cert, go to All Tasks > Export…
13. Click next, then select “Cryptographic Message Syntax Standard – PKCS #7 Certificates (.P7B) and click Next.
14. Name to file something like “C:\cert” then click Next and then Finish.
15. Find the certificate file just made and send it to your storage card or internal memory on your Windows Mobile phone.
16. Run the certificate from the phone, then setup an ActiveSync connection to your exchange server from your phone.

shorter instructions apparently is to type certmgr.msc in start > run, then you can access your personal certs from there too lol

Last edited by chronster; 04-12-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had the same problem as you, as far as not getting the P7B file from OWA. Once I did that, everything has been working fine. All I had to do with mine was go to the OWA site and click the lock then "view certificates", details tab, "copy to file" button, the dialogue box opens so click "next", select the P7B and the include all certificates check box, then give it a file name and destination. I just save it on the root of my card and install it after every flash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2