PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where are the good kitchens?

So it seems that all the chefs want to force us to take their ROMs the way they seem to think they should be. The problem is, some of us can't live with resource hogs like Sense! Now, I didn't understand why everyone thought the performace on this was so great when it was ALWAYS super slow for me. I finally figured it out. I have exchange push... and our corporate servers load me up. So I need all the spare efficiency I can get. SOOOO... I always need a Titanium ONLY build but these are few and far between... and more often than not, lack many other things that I need.

Which brings me back to... where are all the kitchens?? It used to be there were several varieties... now it seems the chefs are afraid to put one out because then you won't use their custom force fed ROMS?

I used to ONLY use the Cal Kitchen... but it looks like he isn't spending any time on it anymore. Isn't there someone that would like to take the torch from where he left off?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Where are the good kitchens?

Take a look at Radiozero's thread, he's got a nice Titanium only ROM, one with sense and also a kitchen there.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think you'll find them at the home remodeling section of Lowe's or perhaps by searching for Custom ROMs and deciding which one is right for you.

Of course, I could be otherwise mistaken.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i think the whole first post is wrong imo, the cooks here bust there butts for free or am i missing the point of thread?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

You're much better off just using your own. Since you can already make a customized ROM, you're a lot farther along than most of the followers using pre-made ROMs . You have a great base in calkulins kitchen. All you need to do is organize it the way you like and add the new/updated things you want. Sure some things won't work the first time you try, but there's plenty of places to get help.

Other than some graphics, no ROM developer here is using anything different than anyone else can put into their own ROM (and you could steal the graphics if you really wanted). All the SYS come from the same sources. All versions of sense come from the same leaked ROMs. There's nothing magic about any of the one-size-fits-all ROMs available here.

You'll never be more glad that you learned how to do these things yourself as when everyone leaves for a new, shiner phone and you're stuck with your old one .
Old 04-07-2010, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I recommend Smiznith's Calkulin kitchen as he has taken what Calkulin left last and simply added the latest Sprint 6.5 OEMS which is all that's really available at the moment. good luck

Last edited by Deimoss; 04-11-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

I would love to update cal's kitchen myself, but from what I have been seeing of other users trying, it appears they are having issues along the way. I would be happy with just the most current sys, plus the new sprint files on Cal's kitchen... but i cant find any easy answers on how to do that myself.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i'm using a 28232 build through calk's kitchen with updated sprint radio and updated camera drivers (the only stuff i used from the sprint 6.5 release). i don't use sense (use mobile shell) and it has plenty of free memory.

I have to agree you sound like a spoiled child. i'm sure someone would cook you up something special if there was a monetary incentive (which if you want something custom, you should be willing to pay).

Wonder what your work thinks of you trying to screw up your work phone?

Old 04-08-2010, 02:54 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I see where this OP is maybe coming from, I did use to enjoy using the SSK kitchen i believe... I don't fully remember the name at the moment but I'm pretty happy with what chefs make now, trying the Mr.X beta atm
Old 04-08-2010, 03:10 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Cal has not officially abandoned the kitchen yet...and its been updated by another geeker...smiznith...I think that's who did the current update. Have heard that Cal will eventually update the kitchen again.

Am still running a custom build from Cal's R3 kitchen the 28232 build and also using the new camera oem from the latest Sprint dump. I didn't update the radio...since I have not had any problems. I'm not itching to flash something new since my current setup is as stable a 6.5.X ver as I have EVER ran. I have enough free mem to run haret and have a smooth and extremely responsive XAndroid experience.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2