PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stand by of Death...need help

i need help. ever since i used task29, to make it easier to flash roms i have been having the Stand by of Death. Which is when my phone goes into standby and pressing any buttons wont "wake" it up. Not even plugging it to a power source or taking the mem card out. this happens to any rom i try. did the flash dance numerous times, finally back on new sprint 6.5 which seems not to be doing it at the moment. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. on sprint 6.5 with its stock radio, never tried any other radio.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Stand by of Death...need help

Anyone?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:09 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I don't think it was the Task29 tool that is messing with your phone. I had it happen on a couple of ROMs I've built before Task29. I think the SYS had more to do with it, but many people think it might be the radio. I'm having more luck now that I am remembering to run "clear storage" each time after I flash.

I still have the new Sprint radio. I change my ROM a lot. I just cross my fingers and reflash when I have an issue.

Good luck.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thanks i have done clear storage evvery time during "flash dance" still no luck going to give mighty's ROM one more try
Old 04-06-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

I presume you mean the "failure to wake" problem. I now suspect that it's related to duplicate and dangling notifications in the notification queue. Every couple of days I use Pocket Mechanic to clean those up. Some people set up Memmaid to do so automatically every night.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
I presume you mean the "failure to wake" problem. I now suspect that it's related to duplicate and dangling notifications in the notification queue. Every couple of days I use Pocket Mechanic to clean those up. Some people set up Memmaid to do so automatically every night.
that is the issue i am having but i don't think its an issue with notifications since it has happen on numerous clean flashes within a matter of minutes. thanks though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2