PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

skhan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 heating up

My tp2 has started to heat up. And I have noticed that it starts chewing more and more battery. I end up soft reseting it and things come back to normal.

Some apps that I have seen doing this are
Typenotes (since I dong like win memo)
Amaz GPS
dotFred Task manager.

If I leave any of the application running in the background running or even sometimes close them out (especially typenote) the problem still persists.

I am running Sprint Stock wm 6.5.

Does anyone have any similar issues.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: TP2 heating up

no heating up here my friend, make sure your GPS app closes, any battery tweaks you have made?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

I had that problem with the Sprint Stock 6.1 rom, I solved it by installing MighyRom.

The problem returned after installing the Stock Sprint 6.5 rom, I resolved the problem again, by installing the newest MightyRom.

I have no heat or battery drain issues at all with the MightyRom, I can leave my phone unplugged all night with MightyRom and be OK in the morning until I get to my car.

With the Sprint Stock 6.5 Rom, if I left it unplugged for 2-3 hours the battery would be GONE.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

M2CARBINE is a n00b

Mine has been up to 51 degrees thats pretty warm! ha
Old 04-06-2010, 04:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

skhan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewest View Post
I had that problem with the Sprint Stock 6.1 rom, I solved it by installing MighyRom.

The problem returned after installing the Stock Sprint 6.5 rom, I resolved the problem again, by installing the newest MightyRom.
Any one know what the problem is with stock rom. If the other ROMs dont have this issue, then it must be something is not tweeked properly with this stock rom. Have other carrier roms faced this issue.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, I am runing stock 6.5 w/o heating issues. We had this going on with TP but no longer....I hope
Old 04-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

I know I have heard that a battery drain has a lot to do with the radio, and some say the PRL. (lets not argue about that PRL though) I am not sure which one if either is the problem.

I have also seen that your physical location has a lot to do with radio performance (and PRL if its correct about that). My employment sends me to various areas of southern california, normally in the same place two days in a row. I have noticed that while in Bakersfield, my battery does drain faster.

I know others might dispute this, but it also seems that when I am inside the bottom floor of a Motel 6, my battery life is horrible (even when plugged in) and my internet speed is slow. Keeping this in mind, you may also realize that natural boundrys or physical structures could interfere with your radio reception. If this is the case, it could effect you battery life by causing strain on your radio/prl (whichever is correct.)

I believe the in the case of Motel 6, it could be the excessive wiring that exists in the motel for cable/electric/etc, or possible the construction materials used in the building.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
tp2 heating