PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
I don't doubt you at all! My battery life has increased by easily 30%. Not certain if it's MR2 update or the OC as they happened at the same time, but either way it's remarkable! (Hence my remarks)
With the newest EnergyROM + OCT scaled down to 710 (from 787) my battery life has doubled!

CPU Max= 710.4
# steps= 1
load max= 30
load min= 15
jump max= 50
jump min= 3
Interval= 1000

Last edited by one80oneday; 08-23-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

monmouthguy is a n00b

I've been using OCT for a few days now and playing with the settings. It seems that I always get the SOD after a minute or two when playing music and turn the screen off. This seemed to happen at any overclock speed, even in the low 600's. However, I found that no matter what my other settings were, the SOD only happnes when I have the # of steps at anything other than 0. It's as if nothing else made a difference, but as soon as I set the steps to zero, I get no SOD. None at all. And when I put it to 1 or 2 or anything other than zero, I always get the SOD after 1 or 2 minutes playing music. Could this be due to underclocking when the steps are set aboe zero?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

krwshl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by monmouthguy View Post
I've been using OCT for a few days now and playing with the settings. It seems that I always get the SOD after a minute or two when playing music and turn the screen off. This seemed to happen at any overclock speed, even in the low 600's. However, I found that no matter what my other settings were, the SOD only happnes when I have the # of steps at anything other than 0. It's as if nothing else made a difference, but as soon as I set the steps to zero, I get no SOD. None at all. And when I put it to 1 or 2 or anything other than zero, I always get the SOD after 1 or 2 minutes playing music. Could this be due to underclocking when the steps are set aboe zero?
I just noticed that this happens to me when playing music too Please share anything you find.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Intepid/800w

tahkuct is a n00b

I also get SOD when the screen goes off even whenever on the long conversation and it only happens when # of steps are anything but 0.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Lurker

monmouthguy is a n00b

So now I've been running my phone at 710.4 MHz on OCT with # of steps zero and no SOD at all. Phone runs like a champ, gets slightly warmer than usual and uses up battery a little more than normal. I don't really know how the overclock programs run, but it seems to me that the number of steps determines how low the processor speed drops when not being utilized. When OCT is not running, the processor stays at 528 MHz. When I run it and the number of steps is set to 1, the processor quickly drops to half the max speed. It seems that having the procesor drop to a lower speed when not in use can help the battery life a lot. I don't know if the SOD is related to either this underclocking or the simple fact that the processor changes speeds when usage changes. I would love to test it if I could have the processor speed drop to something other than half speed when not in use. I gues the equivalent of setting the number of steps to 1/2 or 1/3 so the speed doesn't drop so low and see if that helps the problem. I don't relly know, just speculating based on the way my phone has been acting. But so far, I'll deal with the faster battery usage and heat production to have my phone perform a bit better by leaving it at 710.4 and 0 steps.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

For the OCT overclock, to avoid problems when phone sleeps,
Its prob best to disable the app with those shortcuts, before you turn your unit off..
That way the device will default to it's own scaling and operate normally when sleep.
Looks likesince it does not have this feature to disable when unit off, like "OCT Toggle" app (which didnt work for me).

Bottom line is our units have it's own auto scaling when off which is prob the best

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-24-2010 at 01:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

slvrdrgn123 is becoming a great contributor

Latest MR 6/20 with CHT. Running at 806.4 stable using OC_ Auto_v4.21.cab.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

my phone has been shutting off on my lately. wtf
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
my phone has been shutting off on my lately. wtf
mine does that if i oc too high...
Old 08-27-2010, 02:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Well, seems like the sweet spot on mine is max 768mhz with 2 steps and 2000ms interval. Load min 3, max 50, 15-30.
Using OCT_1.5 Tool.
With these settings I idle at 256mhz to save power then for little things it jumps to 384 and then Full Throttle at 768.
Very Stable, Very Fast, Very Happy!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2