PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galingula View Post
806 is my final stop.

Anyone have any thoughts on battery usage? Mine seems to eat less when dormant, but make a call or do anything else and it seems to gobble the juice faster
There are lots of battery saving cabs around but I find certain roms will always eat more battery, and in my case I put up with it because of speed, but I change rom every week
Old 08-11-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ecrob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I may jump to 806MHz... very tempting...
Old 08-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
no ones gotten to the elusive 844 yet have they?? ive gotten mine to run stable at 825 on AC on battery its 806.
I've gotten there but it's not stable for more than a few mins lol.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

galingula is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
There are lots of battery saving cabs around but I find certain roms will always eat more battery, and in my case I put up with it because of speed, but I change rom every week
My battery has been tweaked for about 6 months. When I first got it it would lose 50% in 24 hrs with no calls or anything.

Recently I would only lose about 10% a day with about an hours use.

This seems to be different after the overclocking
Old 08-11-2010, 03:16 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

FINAL: My 2 cents on OC, NO lockups!! 1st time ever...
1. Get & run the v2 cab from the here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290 at the bottom of the thread click on v2 HERE
2. Get & run the setcpuspeed 1d cab: do the settings to defaults & change later in registry with total commander regedit.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81#post7330081 at the bottom click: SetCpuSpeed-1.0d.cab (138.8 KB, 249 views)

EASY BUTTON, (I’ve tried just about everything else, nothing keeps me stable & from locking until THIS)
Follow this post to the tee, except... this:
PerfomanceLevel = 35
Change to 37 (710) for start on TP2, as this was taken from a Blackstone, but works perfect on my TP2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...60#post7498760

If you install setcpuspeed to storage card as advised above, you can pull out storage card & reboot to be able to regedit & lower your speed, otherwise, you'll have to reflash ROM. Some are able to do 40 & 41, depends on the silicone/manufacture of their CPU.

HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep to 0 the value that controls going to sleep during a phone call

Last edited by teradog; 08-11-2010 at 03:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
1. Get & run the v2 cab from the here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290 at the bottom of the thread click on v2 HERE
2. Get & run the setcpuspeed 1d cab: do the settings to defaults & change later in registry with total commander regedit.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81#post7330081 at the bottom click: SetCpuSpeed-1.0d.cab (138.8 KB, 249 views)

EASY BUTTON, (I’ve tried just about everything else, nothing keeps me stable & from locking until THIS)
Follow this post to the tee, except... this:
PerfomanceLevel = 35
Change to 37 (710) for start on TP2, as this was taken from a Blackstone, but works perfect on my TP2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...60#post7498760

If you install setcpuspeed to storage card as advised above, you can pull out storage card & reboot to be able to regedit & lower your speed, otherwise, you'll have to reflash ROM. Some are able to do 40 & 41, depends on the silicone/manufacture of their CPU.

HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep to 0 the value that controls going to sleep during a phone call
I think the only registry change you need to do is the Checktime, the speeds can be adjusted with setcpuspeed gui.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
I think the only registry change you need to do is the Checktime, the speeds can be adjusted with setcpuspeed gui.
Yes for the "Checktime" the app only goes down to 50, so I made two more choices: 20 & 30 in a easy cab for all.
This cab is for the "SetCpuSpeed1.0d" cab solution...

Also made the "phoneSleep" reg setting cab for SOD on calls, into a cab...
So far this cab is for the "SetCpuSpeed1.0d" cab solution... unless you need it for the "script" solutions..

Also delay startup in another cab.
This cab is for either solutions...

You can Install any of these cabs AFTER installation of either cab solutions...

The "SetCpuSpeed1.0d" cab is an app type solution, which in theory is supposed to be better than the early "Script" base solutions..
BUT it did not hold the setting solid enough for some users so that is why the "low" polling time is needed/used for them, as lowering gives less chance for the OS to reset speed & freeze at high overclock.

It is common consensus (almost) that the script based solutions run more solid/smoother for some, soo..
Of the "script" solutions, I recommend for TP2, the latest "OC_ Auto_v4.21.cab" here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281
It has interface and simple to install/use.
All that is needed is make shure you have latest netripper Msm7k cab installed and of course mortscript.
For me it worked better than "SetCpuSpeed1.0d" cab, but with so many variables, each user will have different results.

EDIT:
FOR latest iwfratz OCT app, which has dynamic overclock,
GO HERE:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=162

EDIT:
For latest "setcpuspeed 1d cab" and good info,
GO HERE:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=375

EDIT:
THINGS TO LOOK FOR in speed limits:
look to see if the "Msm7kcpu" app blinks steady.
look to see if you can quikly swipe pictures in sense tab without lag.
look to see if unit freeze while using keyboard on texting or Opera posting.

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-17-2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: update
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:22 PM
VIP Member

The "Check Time" usually is not needed to touch if you can OC without issues.
Such a low setting is used for those were the processor would try to revert to default setting, resulting in freeze.
This setting helped me to OC 2 steps higher, but still highest unstable so I stepped it down to 748..

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-11-2010 at 09:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:00 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

great job guys, yea.. for me a reg edit is sometimes easier than finding & running a cab, but probably not for most... thanks to all/ thanked all! this is like a new phone.. simply amazing!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

tyhart44 is just getting started

Just thought I'd relay my experience:

Sprint TP2
Mightyrom 5/24
6.5 (Manilla version 2.5.20132227.0) with Sense enabled, OS Version 5.2.21889

Installed step by step as found in http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281 (I only installed OC_AUTO-4.21 and not the 4.2 cab)

Now running at 748 for 24 hours with zero SOD's or resets. Not even any glitches in WinMo or sense...wow, that's new.

Battery life seems similar.

Thanks for the great app!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Sense slider is still a tad choppy, but everything else seems much snappier. Weather animations actually move fluidly!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2