PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

yeah i stopped using this app, my internet connection was deleted and i could not readd it. i had to soft reset. maybe that app really funked with my phone, cuz it seems to boot faster now after i hard reset and installed allt he apps back but that one. idk weird. i think its just my craziness
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@ the guys that are getting a SOD while playing music if the screen turns off, try these settings. i had the same issues before trying these settings.
Speed = 768
Steps = 15
Load Max = 100
Load Min = 0
Jump Max = 80
Jump Min = 3
Interval = 1000

that seemed to solved the issue for me. What these settings do is have the cpu underclock to under 50Mhz when not in use but immediately jump to 768 when in use. i hope this helps you guys.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
@ the guys that are getting a SOD while playing music if the screen turns off, try these settings. i had the same issues before trying these settings.
Speed = 768
Steps = 15
Load Max = 100
Load Min = 0
Jump Max = 80
Jump Min = 3
Interval = 1000

that seemed to solved the issue for me. What these settings do is have the cpu underclock to under 50Mhz when not in use but immediately jump to 768 when in use. i hope this helps you guys.
i played around with OCT and found that Nitrogen required ~350mhz to operate. With the default OCT settings of 5 steps the phone drops to like 125mhz with the screen off - this is why the phone freezes.

the dynamic portion of OCT would be much more useful if you could define a "low speed" along with the overclock speed - and then the number of steps between those 2 settings.

Last edited by nayr1482; 08-27-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:02 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I get the SOD when I play music, so I intercepted the long power press, do nothing with it, and instead have the shutdown stuff pop up on long mute button press. This way, when music is playing, I can just do a long press on the power, turn the screen on, and get to the screen and do whatever.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Phen0m is becoming a great contributor

ROM: Medium Hill CHT 1.8
OC Tool: OTC_V-1.5

Settings: 710Mhz
Interval 2000
# of steps = 2
load max = 50
load min = 3
jump max = 30
jump min = 15

No freezes, screen off or on, music plays w/o issue.. internet is fine.. but will not clock past 710.. i try 729.. freezes in minutes.

Settings:
# of steps = 0
load max = 30
load min = 15
jump max = 50
jump min = 3
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
YOSEFE

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thanks,

All I needed was step four, the addition of \andboot\. It worked first time. I tried elsewhere to get advice, but to no avail.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

for those of you having issues playing music w/ the screen off...

read this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132625
Old 08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

moosen34 is a n00b

Just thought I'd chime in for my input and encouragement for those not sure about doing this.

I am FAR from a phone expert and when I looked at some of the OC threads posted I was a bit daunted and wasn't sure that I wanted to go down this slope because it seemed a bit more involved than I wanted to get into with my phone. I've been flashing my phone for a long while and know how to do regedits, etc but that's just because I know how to follow directions.

Let me tell you guys, if you are a novice and still on the border of doing this, DO IT! It's really easy to complete on your phone and it makes the phone so much better to use because it becomes so much more responsive. I'm using OC Auto at 768 and I have been running for a week with absolutely NO side-effects. Things are just so much smoother on the phone and you can get what you want done without any of the previous lag/frustration, and it's EASY.

Thanks to all who put their hard work into getting this done!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Lovin this OCT1.5
I'm having some great batt life and OC speeds too!

Here's my setup:
Code:
Settings: 729.6Mhz
Interval 1000
# of steps = 3
load max = 35
load min = 15
jump max = 70
jump min = 3
Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Alright something weird...
with my phone on the stock 6.5 ROM with the phone locked I could OC to 787 with zero problems. Now that I have unlocked my phone, flashed an Energy rom, ran task 29, and flashed back to stock, I cannot get a stable OC at that level or the 2 below it using the exact same tools as before WTF!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2