PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

The new tool looks pretty nice but way more complicated right now at 6AM! I just set the steps at 0 and will play with it some more....

I assume the dynamic nature is what tries to keep the thing from getting a SOD- but setting at Steps 0 loses that dynamic safety net. I gotta find a dummies guide to this thing.

Last edited by Scoob; 08-14-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
I have been running NetRippers app & SetCpuSpeed.10d for a while now with no issues . I'm at 729Mhz stable all day no matter what I do . NO SOD . Loving My TP2
exactly what I was using but was able to up it to 748 with reduced polling, THEN using scripts gave me more solid control... NOW this method is so much more advanced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Working ok I guess. I like that it's dynamic however now it seems to make my device speed up and slow down from second to second. Maybe I just need to play with the settings a little more.
This controlled scalling should increase battery life so we have best of both worlds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidj View Post
Man I really dig this new tool, I am assuming its gone gold and this will be a finalized version? I have my TP Set @ 804MHz 0 Steps just to play around this thing flies now like a new phone!
Yea dood try reducing the polling I have mine set to 200..
Exactly where I set my polling as a start, but remember this is a totally different technique from a different "XDA site" member so we may not need low polling and SOD is non-existant!
whole new ballgame!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I now see this error on restart.
"Backlight / DispOn key was not found!
Exiting"
I see that others had the problem and it is a missing reg key. Is there a solution or hack I can try?

Last edited by drewcam888; 08-14-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I now see this error on restart.
"Backlight / DispOn key was not found!
Exiting"
I see that others had the problem and it is a missing reg key. Is there a solution or hack I can try?
I bet you are using an older script in the netrip app and dont have all the files nesessary..
You should try the newer cab solutions or the new app by iwfratz..
I can see this thread may get confusing now with multiple solutions for the Netripper app and the new app by iwfratz so we may need ..
(EDIT) we will need posters to state app & solution used..

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-14-2010 at 09:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I used oc_auto_v4.21 and Msm7kCpuSpeed_V2
Old 08-14-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work

Well I'm going to give the other app a shot . Will report back with results .
Old 08-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

davahad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhart44 View Post
Just thought I'd relay my experience:

Sprint TP2
Mightyrom 5/24
6.5 (Manilla version 2.5.20132227.0) with Sense enabled, OS Version 5.2.21889

Installed step by step as found in http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281 (I only installed OC_AUTO-4.21 and not the 4.2 cab)

Now running at 748 for 24 hours with zero SOD's or resets. Not even any glitches in WinMo or sense...wow, that's new.

Battery life seems similar.

Thanks for the great app!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Sense slider is still a tad choppy, but everything else seems much snappier. Weather animations actually move fluidly!
Followed the directions in the above link and am overclocked at 806. Working great!!! Tried 825 but that was unstable so looks like 806 is my number. Also using MightyRom.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:33 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

alright guys.. im far from a newb as you can see.. but this thread is sooooo disorganized..

i mean, the first post is even someone asking if its just possible..

why dont you of thats real fluent with this or helping in the dev of it.. make a nice clean write up, starting with whats available NOW, and keep it current from there..

delete this one, and ask for STICKY by the mods..which im sure this theyll do since this is quite newer and been wanted for a long time..

Just sayin.. im on here all the time and shit.. and it was a tough read going through all this... imagine how many people with a lesser knowledge than some of the rest of us are feeling reading this... i mean theres 3 versions of how to do this on here, 2 of which have become outdated already becaus the best combo has been put together finally... so someone should write one up.. with all the best and newest most stable ways its working right at the top of a STickie..

Im sure its kinda of intimidating rather than helpful because the info went from only when plugged in> wireless with SOD and no throttle back> to wirless w/o SOD and throttle back working right so quickly
Old 08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 bored... ive been following this thread since netripper's v1.0 and things are scattered everywhere.

This new app is working fine and the dynamic over/under is sweet. i am stable @787, i tried 806 but then sense keeps restarting and opera randomly closes. each OC app that comes along just gets better and better.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
+1 bored... ive been following this thread since netripper's v1.0 and things are scattered everywhere.

This new app is working fine and the dynamic over/under is sweet. i am stable @787, i tried 806 but then sense keeps restarting and opera randomly closes. each OC app that comes along just gets better and better.
right.. thats what im saying.. im more than proficent around the site, and I thought it was a tough read.. and its not like were not used to cluttered or scattered or threads 1500 pages long.. but for some reason, this one just stands out right now as one of the tougher "walk-throughs" to follow... because its not written up to be an actual "walk through" yet..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2