PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:54 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
I noticed Android will not boot while overclocked, was hoping maybe it would load faster
There's a way to set the clocks in Android on startup. See if you can't match them with your overclock before booting.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
problem is though, once it goes to sleep, it either locks up or reverts back to stock clocks....
Ya problem is not reverting as that is ok for unit to sleep & save battery.
Problem is conflict in proccesor auto scalling when reverting in sleep mode that produces SOD.
Looky here for my solution:
EDIT: ROMOVED

Last edited by Maxx134; 07-16-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

EDIT:NEW SOLUTION for SOD(Sreen of Death), FREEZEUP or Errors on wakup after sleep:

Currently I am focusing on the area in registry which is controlling suspend:

After changing values and not getting desired results, I just deleted this key and reset, then overclock with "NetRipper's" app HERE:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290

And wait to see if i get SOD after suspend.
Do not have 3rd party apps controling lockscreen to see if that is playing a factor.
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Power/state/suspend
dword is :
"Default" = 3
I deleted it.

This is prob premature to say, but so far good results, no error on wakeup, lockup or SOD...keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Maxx134; 07-16-2010 at 03:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

well heres my results: (even though it says won't work w/o AC)
Overclocked on AC to 710, very smooth and worked well. Did not go down to 604, but just unplugged on 710 and it stayed, messed around in sense some more (this is the way sense 2.5 should be!) ran well and periodically checked and was still at 710 on battery. Manually shut screen off w/ top power button and let sit for 1min, turned back on and was still at 710 on battery. Messed around some more in some apps and it was still at 710 on battery. Manually turned off screen again and let it sit for 5mins, turned back on and it reverted back to 528. Then I overclocked it back to 710 w/o AC and let it go to sleep on its own. About 2mins into its sleep it soft reset the phone on its own.
This is a very sweet app and once the bugs get worked out it will be just plain amazing to navigate through the phone again! BTW I'm on Energy.RHODCDMA.21911.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.16
Old 07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

So all you guys are doing is installing the app and then moving the slider up and that sets the clock right? Because I set mine to 710MHz and didn't notice a damn bit of difference in Sense. I also went to look at hardware info and still saw 528MHz.

Am I missing a step?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
EDIT:NEW SOLUTION for SOD(Sreen of Death), FREEZEUP or Errors on wakup after sleep:

After changing values and not getting desired results, I just deleted this key and reset, then overclock with "NetRipper's" app HERE:

And wait to see if i get SOD after suspend.
Do not have 3rd party apps controling lockscreen to see if that is playing a factor.
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

dword is :
"Default" = 3
I deleted it.

This is prob premature to say, but so far good results, no error on wakeup, lockup or SOD...keeping my fingers crossed.
Well this kinda works since it doesn't freeze the phone but after the phone goes to sleep it just reverts back to 528. Gotta find a way to make it stick!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:01 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

So plain and simple is it possible to overclock the TP2 without damaging it. Does it really make a difference. Can it be done while using Sprint TP2 with MM FF. Has anyone have any serious problems.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Does it really make a difference.
With 768 MHz set, we're increasing the clock speed 45%. Of course it makes a difference. Same thing in Android with startup.txt.

Quote:
Can it be done while using Sprint TP2 with MM FF.
Yes and yes.

Quote:
Has anyone have any serious problems.
Read the thread.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Well this kinda works since it doesn't freeze the phone but after the phone goes to sleep it just reverts back to 528. Gotta find a way to make it stick!
yes but the Author of the app puposely disable the auto scale setting on start untill he fix existing problems of crash & freeze on low clock speed when unit sleep..

My solution was specificly an avoidance manuver in registry for the issues of Screen Of Death, freezeups or prog crash.
It is not intendid to be a true fix, which is when he fine tunes his Dll files.

What I do for now is AFTER I do my reg(deleteDword)fix, THEN I copy a shortcut of the exe file in "wimdows/startup" folder.
So prog will starup but you have to set the speed again :l

Last edited by Maxx134; 07-16-2010 at 10:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

dword is :
"Default" = 3
I deleted it.

This is prob premature to say, but so far good results, no error on wakeup, lockup or SOD...
After reports from other users at XDA and
After more testing I also experience a crash notice after wakeup,
So I just went bold and deleted the only folder in that same directory:

It the folder i stated before, labeled with a long string value, and has one dword reg key labeled "Default" inside.
I am assuming it is a profile setting for the device to suspend.

I haven't had a crash notice since, unless I clock at highest speed.
The unit always reverts to normal clock speed on wakeup, but at least no notice of application crash, AND no more SOD (for me).

If anyone care to try, they may want to save the folder name if they want to revert,
but the dword labeled "default" inside& outside the folder is easy to make again.
So in all I deleted one folder and 2 dwords.

Dunno about other devices, but hope that helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2