PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
Do you guys that are overlclocking even notice an improvement in WM speeds?
definitly. i set mine to 710mhz and then unplugged it and it has been fine for the last hour (even with the screen off). scrolling in everything is much faster and smoother and it loads pages much faster than normal.

edit: nvm, i just had a screen pop up saying that there was an error calculating the cpu speed and the program exited. oh well.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rvawhite is a n00b

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=7181179

this links work i tryed this app and now my phone is running much faster
Old 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvawhite View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=7181179

this links work i tryed this app and now my phone is running much faster
hahahahaha. fail.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I set mine to 710 MHZ and my device is running very fast. I also noticed the animation on the weather and the album is a lot faster than before.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well yall let me know if this is still worth it after using it for a week or 2, from past experiences over clocking phones seemed to always end bad but thats just me.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 with MightyROM
Carrier: Verizon

Explodee is a n00b

Dude, I searched for like 5 friggin hours yesterday trying to find something like this. The only progress I made was to overclock in Android mode, which I did, and it made a HUGE difference. Can't wait to try this out. Wordlife.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Well yall let me know if this is still worth it after using it for a week or 2, from past experiences over clocking phones seemed to always end bad but thats just me.
I overclocked my Treo 650 for years. My TP2 is overclocked every time I use Android. No worries here.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

isnt the processer thermal protected or protected in some way so it cant be overclocked?

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

the overclock app is coming along nicely. I can run at 748 on battery, which makes morphgear run a lot smoother.

problem is though, once it goes to sleep, it either locks up or reverts back to stock clocks.

I think they'll find a way to lock the frequencies though.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

I noticed Android will not boot while overclocked, was hoping maybe it would load faster

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2