PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 6.1 Stock and Froyo X
Carrier: sprint

twebb32 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
how can i tell the difference
Download spb's benchtest. it's free on their website. That's really the only way you will know for sure. Make sure you run the test after a soft reset and everything has loaded.

Like I said, right now I have no difference on a script, but Im doing something wrong.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

I will post my benchmarks when they finish.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebb32 View Post
When I try to use nayr1482's script, it doesn't work for me. Just to make sure I have this right...I have no other OC software on my mobile, I put nayr's script on the root of my SD card, copied oc_auto4, went to window/start and made the shortcut. Then I go back to oc-auto4_gui and edited my settings (i've tried all speeds). It restarts, I do a benchmark test, and I get the same results as stock.

If I use setcpuspeed1d, I can overclock it to 729 and get a dramatic difference in my benchmark test.

Any idea? Am I suppose to edit the script any? I do have mortscript on my mobile. Can anyone confirm in a benchmark that this script is working?
Hi, please post the values found in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\

there should be 4-8 keys in there.

Also, after booting - please use a task manager (dotFred) and check if MortScript.exe is running.

Thanks

Last edited by nayr1482; 08-06-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
Running 4.1 mortscript
528mz Safe
748.8Mhz Normal
604 Throttle
200 Polling

I've had to reset my phone 1 time in 48 hours. Album player was acting funky, other than that, blaayzin

Finally I recognized a noticable difference
-with all of Manila 2.5(especially tab switching)
-Windows 6.1 start menu (can you say MULTI-task?)
- FPSCE(playstation emulator) (menu/loading faster, small fps boost)
-Weather Panel: Menu's faster, animation loads faster it seems.
-Hardware keys seem to respond faster, might be placebo.
-Opera mini (beta)seems to load faster too
Battery life= normal not worse or better really....
If you are using OC_Auto4.1 you can probably get away with a much slower poll time (which would make things even faster). I use 1000 or 1200. YMMV
Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
If you are using OC_Auto4.1 you can probably get away with a much slower poll time (which would make things even faster). I use 1000 or 1200. YMMV
excuse me if this has been addressed, what exactly is poll time tho?
Old 08-06-2010, 06:16 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

if i install GenY dual boot so i can boot up android how will i be able to Force CDMA like the option that i have when i boot from WM or does this app have that already done
Old 08-06-2010, 06:59 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

anyone have the spb benchmark app. I looked at their site and it doesnt let me download it i need to request it.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
excuse me if this has been addressed, what exactly is poll time tho?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=91
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
if i install GenY dual boot so i can boot up android how will i be able to Force CDMA like the option that i have when i boot from WM or does this app have that already done
Once you run android, the startup.txt should configure to the settings you select and stay that way. Use notepad to open it and change the force cdma option to a 1 if you'd rather be sure. Haret will load whatever you have in that startup.txt when you load android off gen.y dualboot. Just remember to restart after you edit the text. All command switches can be found HERE at the bottom of the page if you wish to verify the changes after running Android.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2 overclocked to 787mhz
Carrier: sprint

MixIsMobile is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Setting up Gen.Y Dualboot to function properly onstartup using setcpuspeed program for overclocking:

So I ended up getting it working last night. I guess I'll do a quick write up for anyone else looking into this. Gen.Y Dualboot will be telling you that Android is missing. I used the Blazin .ZIP file, but it should be the same for the .CAB file as long as it's a froyo build. Also, setting the phone up to allow time for dualboot to work.

I'M STILL WORKING ON BOOTING FROM WINDOWS MOBILE. This guide is only for Gen.Y running after a restart to boot into Android.

1. You should already have msm7kcpuspeed on your device, but for this to work, you MUST have setcpuspeed installed. If this program causes an S.O.D. after or during a phone call, use a registry editor to change "HCKU/Control Panel/Phone/Sleep" to 0. This should solve your sleep issues.

2. Install android to your Sd card if you haven't already, and Gen.Y Dualboot (Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v 1.0.6.0 - Storage Card) to your device.

3. Using the registry editor, navigate to HKLM\Software\Msm7kcpuspeed and under SetCpuSpeed the key you will see BootTime (how much time before SetCpuSpeed waits until Overclocking IF you are using the /boot parameter).. Here you can also set your boot options but the default speed should be fine.

4. While still in the registry editor, Navigate to HK CURRENT USER\Software\Gen.Y\DualBOOT and edit the data field of AndroidBootFolder to "\andboot\" without the quotes. This will allow Gen.Y to see you're android OS. (Note: If it still doesn't see it, you may need to use "\android\" instead. This is the folder on the root of your storage card that contains haret.exe.

5. Using total commander, navigate to your windows startup folder and HOLD PRESS setcpuspeed.ink. The intent is to rename it "Setcpuspeed.ink \boot" without quotes. When you press out of the keyboard /boot should disappear with no errors.

6. Restart the phone. Do not try to run Haret yet or it will crash the phone and you'll have to make changes to the registry again. Just restart it and let Dualboot load. Remember, you're on a timeout so don't let it sit to long or the OC program will start and your phone will need to be restarted. If you need more time, increase Safe Mode Duration from step 3. (This is measured in ms, IE: 60000=1 minute)

For those of you that want the easy button:

Let me know if I missed anything or anyone has questions.

did all of this, have it seein android, when i select android it acts like it's going to boot up, then stops

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned of
/ #

what am i doing wrong

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2