PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
its the oc-auto3 nayr posted. i tried auto2 as well... can you post a cab of the mortscript you are using?
I just installed MortScript for this too from the developer's site.

http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/mo...Script-4.2.zip

In the zip file use \cab\MortScript-4.2-PPC.cab
Old 07-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Thanks for this! Could you please explain why there are two variables for the overclocked speed though (and set to different values in your script as default)?

There is a start_speed and a boost_speed, and if I'm reading the script correctly the CPU is initially overclocked to the start_speed value if there is not a shortcut to the Msm7KAutoCpuSpeed program in \Windows\StartUp, and then the boost_speed variable is used when the device isn't in a state that needs to be throttled.

Why can't those two variables be merged into boost_speed and just make the initial call to Msm7KAutoCpuSpeed.exe use the value of boost_speed?

For example:

If (NOT (FileExists("\Windows\StartUp\Msm7kAutoCpuSpeed.ln k")))
RunWait("\Program Files\Msm7kCpuSpeed\Msm7KAutoCpuSpeed.exe", boost_speed)
EndIf

PS - Just tried the script and it's working great, I can see it throttled and then unthrottle within a few hundred milliseconds when I come back from sleep. Thanks to you and everyone else who put the effort in to making this usable!
Hi, the two speed logic was in place before i started working on the script. you are sorta right...
what it does, is the start_speed kicks in basically as soon as windows loads. then after 30 seconds (roughly when sense, etc...is loaded) it moves onto the loop where it is checking for backlight, phone calls, lock screen, etc...

Basically the start speed is just to give it a little extra through the boot process.

If you dont want this - just set the start_speed to the same as your boost_speed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ah ok, I hadn't considered pushing the clock rate a bit higher just for getting through the startup procedure of Sense and everything. I misread the last sleep before the endless loop, I thought it was for 3,000 milliseconds but it is actually 30,000...makes sense now. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
its the oc-auto3 nayr posted. i tried auto2 as well... can you post a cab of the mortscript you are using?
Hey Puff,

install this cab (MortScript) and then try it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MortScript-4.2-PPC.cab (190.9 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for posting the cab guys. i tried the one nayr posted and its still not working i tried oc-auto2/3 and oc_auto3 that i edited to 768. im guessing mortscript works since when i tried the script i edited i got a error message... any other ideas?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Lightbulb Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

UPDATE - App available to auto-overclock - No More Scripts....

oruam57 over at XDA has provided an app that makes use of NetRippers overclocking dll, and does this automatically. The program still requires the manual creation of some registry keys... and if you want to OC at boot you must add a link to \Windows\Startup.

This solution is much cleaner than the mortscripts, and is working as it should be...reading the power states of the phone rather than registry keys. This solution should work across all roms, but no guarantees.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=958

Big thanks to netripper & oruam57

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
UPDATE - App available to auto-overclock - No More Scripts....

oruam57 over at XDA has provided an app that makes use of NetRippers overclocking dll, and does this automatically. The program still requires the manual creation of some registry keys... and if you want to OC at boot you must add a link to \Windows\Startup.

This solution is much cleaner than the mortscripts, and is working as it should be...reading the power states of the phone rather than registry keys. This solution should work across all roms, but no guarantees.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=958

Big thanks to netripper & oruam57

sweet!!! this seems to work great so far! i had to enter the reg entries manually though... can someone cab this up?

Last edited by puff601; 07-30-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
thanks for posting the cab guys. i tried the one nayr posted and its still not working i tried oc-auto2/3 and oc_auto3 that i edited to 768. im guessing mortscript works since when i tried the script i edited i got a error message... any other ideas?
Glad you got it working, but for future reference you want to tell people that are trying to help you when you get an error message, instead of just saying it doesn't work. I'm guessing the error message you got was either "Lockscreen key was not found!", " isPhoneActive key was not found!", or "Backlight / DispOn key was not found!," which means you were one of the few that the script would not work for due to your phone's configuration and lack of required registry keys.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
sweet!!! this seems to work great so far! i had to enter the reg entries manually though... can someone cab this up?
give me the reg and ill cab it up
Old 07-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Glad you got it working, but for future reference you want to tell people that are trying to help you when you get an error message, instead of just saying it doesn't work. I'm guessing the error message you got was either "Lockscreen key was not found!", " isPhoneActive key was not found!", or "Backlight / DispOn key was not found!," which means you were one of the few that the script would not work for due to your phone's configuration and lack of required registry keys.
i didnt get a error message when trying to use nayr's oc-auto2 and 3. i only got a error when i tried using auto3 that i edited. obviously i edited it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
give me the reg and ill cab it up
thanks man! im wanting a cab for SetCpuSpeed v1.0 please. also my windows folder didnt have the .dll so i had to copy and paste it. Ill try and post all the files needed as soon as i get a chance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SetCpuSpeed.V1.0.zip (11.3 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by puff601; 07-30-2010 at 10:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2