PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC 6875 TP2
Carrier: Verizon

blink8512 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Any Ideas ?

Ever since I unlocked my phone my service is slow! I have a TP2 on the VZW network

I ran the speed test at http://www.mobilespeedtest.com/ and it says 222 kbps that I am under what other people on verizon have got ... with the stock ROM it would say 3G now its says EV I know that its just the icon. also I would only have 2 bars at the max

I called verizon about this and they set up a TT - Trouble Ticket and Verizon people have called me saying everything is fine

I use the ppckitchen to bulid my own ROMs i have try other one here also allways the same problem.
__________________________________________________ _________

So today I tested a theory I had "What if i flashed back to stock and relocked my TP2"

So I did I reflashed to the stock ROM and Relocked
WoW i have full bars now

Speed test is now Showing 3g speeds of 448

So I am left with having to be on the stock ROM if I want the faster speed vs using HTC Since 2.5

Any help on this Will be thanked!

Last edited by blink8512; 04-05-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Any Ideas ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink8512 View Post
Ever since I unlocked my phone my service is slow! I have a TP2 on the VZW network

I ran the speed test at http://www.mobilespeedtest.com/ and it says 222 kbps that I am under what other people on verizon have got ... with the stock ROM it would say 3G now its says EV I know that its just the icon. also I would only have 2 bars at the max

I called verizon about this and they set up a TT - Trouble Ticket and Verizon people have called me saying everything is fine

I use the ppckitchen to bulid my own ROMs i have try other one here also allways the same problem.
__________________________________________________ _________

So today I tested a theory I had "What if i flashed back to stock and relocked my TP2"

So I did I reflashed to the stock ROM and Relocked
WoW i have full bars now

Speed test is now Showing 3g speeds of 448

So I am left with having to be on the stock ROM if I want the faster speed vs using HTC Since 2.5

Any help on this Will be thanked!
Were you using stock ROM when you were unlocked?

And when you reflashed stock, did it have newer radio for example?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

blink8512 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

No I relocked the phone before I tryed it.

I will try unlocking the phone and useing the stock ROM and see what happenes

EDIT --- Ok so I unlocked my phone and ran the speed test my speed it at 280 kbps

No it is the same radio as I had before 2.23.00WV

Last edited by blink8512; 04-05-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

I ran the speed test at http://www.mobilespeedtest.com/ and it says 222 kbps ...Any help on this Will be thanked!
Quote:

Quote:

EDIT --- Ok so I unlocked my phone and ran the speed test my speed it at 280 kbps

My guess would be the radio as well but if you are on the same radio, my next guess would be the drivers. I would compare the drivers and try changing them in the cooked rom to see if you can make a comparable speed. Also, stupid comment but did you check to make sure that this is Verizon only and not a WiFi connection on one or the other?

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

Try taking out the battery, waiting 30 sec and putting back in..if that doesn't help try a hard reset.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Maybe you are in a bad area, or towers are over worked in your area. Are you using Opera? Is so try testing on PIE, When using OPera you are going thru their servers.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

You have to put into account how fast the server is your connecting to...if they have heavy traffic, then your speed test will be off...and I just ran this on my pc and it says im doing 741kbps on my 22mbit comcast connection....haha yeah right....some of these test just plain suck...and arn't to modern standards...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Speeds will change greatly depending on a lot of factors. I've recorded on the same ROM/radio speeds as low as 150 and as high as 600. As stated, they are not very accurate at all.

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 04-05-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

blink8512 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotravelcat View Post
My guess would be the radio as well but if you are on the same radio, my next guess would be the drivers. I would compare the drivers and try changing them in the cooked rom to see if you can make a comparable speed. Also, stupid comment but did you check to make sure that this is Verizon only and not a WiFi connection on one or the other?

How would I go about checking the drivers?

No I am not WiFi connected I never turn it on. I did check just to make sure and its not turned one

Quote:
Try taking out the battery, waiting 30 sec and putting back in..if that doesn't help try a hard reset.
Just tryed that and same thing speed is 226 Kbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Maybe you are in a bad area, or towers are over worked in your area. Are you using Opera? Is so try testing on PIE, When using OPera you are going thru their servers.
I am using Internet explorer
Old 04-05-2010, 05:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

blink8512 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
You have to put into account how fast the server is your connecting to...if they have heavy traffic, then your speed test will be off...and I just ran this on my pc and it says im doing 741kbps on my 22mbit comcast connection....haha yeah right....some of these test just plain suck...and arn't to modern standards...

OK than how come it is very close to the same when I relock my phone?

than 3 minutes later when I unlock it it is back to the slow speed?

I know that the server its running to dose affect it but in anycase it should not change that much when i unlock my phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2