PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 02:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aw3964 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ill Take The Flaming..Help W/Case

ive spent a ridiculous amount of time reading threads for a new case and i would like some current opinions. please, im trying to ask politely for anyone that will help

i've purchased Zagg's but i am not quite satisfied--not because of the quality, but becase i would like a case instead:

black, seidio-like but not the seidio price (i will pay the 30 however if it is by far the best option), not very soft rubberized but enough for the grip, no issues with the prox sensor

i have read the reviews and threads so believe i am down to

-seidio
-nakedcellphone
-blujay (out of stock?)
-bodyglove
-daydeal

are there any more that fit proper and do not have any issues? is seidio the overall consensus best pick?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera 9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

imo you cant go wrong with the seidio..no bulk but yet feel protected only problem i have seen is front past of case by the htc sign gets cracked,ive seen this report from several owners of this case.So either be very gentle,(i barely ever remove front case)prepare with some superglue,or be ready with receipt to call it in.Lol maybe i made it look bad but no its a great product i bought mine from amazon and wouldnt think twice about buying another.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo

Norwester05 is just getting started
Re: Ill Take The Flaming..Help W/Case

I bought one for my TP and a year later when I upgraded to the TP2 didn't give it a thought,just ordered another. I haven't had any issues with it so I don't know how CS is But I do know if I get an Evo I'll be buying another Seido case.

ETA I've only had the front off once to clean out some dust and I think if you pry around the top volume controls you shouldn't have any problems. Jus' my opinion.

Last edited by Norwester05; 04-05-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the body glove s nice but like a lot of others, has issues with the front(top) of the case not fitting ver well or not fitting very well after small tab cracks . I have tried many and the one that seems to fit best, look best and have least problems is this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-Skin-Silico...item1c0f2e1733 this may be what you call the Blue Jay? It takes about 2 weeks shipping but is BY FAR the best one I have tried (tried many) and has not ripped yet and looks great in addition to being the only one I have seen that fits over the back allowing more of the speaker quality out. I have not tried invisashield and that might be the only other one close but that is more like a screen protector for the whole phone and not really a "case". This silicone case does not just snap on like the other cases but IMHO has a better way of fitting onto the case that allows it to stay on much easier and no tabs to crack off
Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I like the seidio case, but it doesn't fit right on my phone. I think it's a manufacture problem, the upper left side doesn't reach the back of the digitizer. I bought it off Amazon, I filled out a RMA at seidio but they said it is within 30 I need to go to Amazon. Amazon wants my CC information before they give me a RMA. I think they do this to protect their butt. But to protect mine I would have to send it back registered mail with tracking and insurance. I just can't put it in a yellow envelope and mail it. Because if the USPS looses it, I am out another $37. All I wanted is the front part replaced, not the whole thing. So for now I will put up with it, till I find another case, then I will fill out the RMA and send this one back. And when the new one comes I will sell it. (minus the holder)

Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
I like the seidio case, but it doesn't fit right on my phone. I think it's a manufacture problem, the upper left side doesn't reach the back of the digitizer. I bought it off Amazon, I filled out a RMA at seidio but they said it is within 30 I need to go to Amazon. Amazon wants my CC information before they give me a RMA. I think they do this to protect their butt. But to protect mine I would have to send it back registered mail with tracking and insurance. I just can't put it in a yellow envelope and mail it. Because if the USPS looses it, I am out another $37. All I wanted is the front part replaced, not the whole thing. So for now I will put up with it, till I find another case, then I will fill out the RMA and send this one back. And when the new one comes I will sell it. (minus the holder)
Seidio CS is a little lacking IMO, I paid $50 for the innocase, front and back cover, and the holster that the phone/case fits in, couple of months after normal use, there's a crack on the front cover, so not only is the phone not protected, but it doesn't even fit in the holster correctly now. So for a quick fix a little super glue did the job. Fill out a RMA for replacement of only the front piece, I get a response that I need to send it back for them to look at and then determine if they'll replace it. No thanks, I'll keep it rather than having to send it back, hope it doesn't get "lost" in the mail and find another way to protect it until I hear back from Seidio. I just considered it a lesson learned, never again wil I go with Seidio. Way too much for crappy CS. And I bought it directly through them, not Amazon.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: telus

eclone is a n00b

I guess it's how you approach Seidio CS. I emailed them with my work email (showing my professional title) and they sent me a replacement no charge. I didn't even need to send back the defective case (broken tab).

As to the OP, IMO, The innocase is well worth the $$. Adds min/very little bulk and material is great (doesn't pick up lint and takes drops very well)

Last edited by eclone; 04-05-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclone View Post
I guess it's how you approach Seidio CS. I emailed them with my work email (showing my professional title) and they sent me a replacement no charge. I didn't even need to send back the defective case (broken tab).

As to the OP, IMO, The innocase is well worth the $$. Adds min/very little bulk and material is great (doesn't pick up lint and takes drops very well)
I approached them rather nice to be honest with you, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.... I sent them my work e-mail also which includes a rather professional title also (not that this should make one damn bit of difference, I don't feel like doing business with a company that will only treat certain people nice and F with the rest....). That's kinda my point and not to hijack the thread, but there's another thread talking about this also, it's hit or miss with Seidio CS and I'm not willing to toss more money away in order to roll the dice when I need a replacement part, but hey, that's only me, you having a professional title may want to take that chance.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

BodyGlove from Amazon.

You're not the only one who's gone through PAGES AND PAGES of case discussions. The problem comes in that everyone has different needs and as you pointed out, no one solution works for everyone.

Try a few. hope you can return them.

Don't worry about asking questions. It's worse if you DON'T ask questions.

Anyone who flames you deserves to be called out on it. I think what might be helpful is a poll or something and you list as many cases you can think of and ask people to vote on it.

Case discussions are difficult because they're based on personal preferences.

My .02c is that Seidio is not worth the money they are asking. Their customer service blows big hairy monkey chunks. Any company that has (in my estimation, since I've had the misfortunte of having dealt with them in the past), THE crappiest customer service around, I don't like their overpriced products.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
.... I have tried many and the one that seems to fit best, look best and have least problems is this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-Skin-Silico...item1c0f2e1733 this may be what you call the Blue Jay? It takes about 2 weeks shipping but is BY FAR the best one I have tried (tried many) and has not ripped yet and looks great in addition to being the only one I have seen that fits over the back allowing more of the speaker quality out...
+1 for Lefty's recommendation.

I have this one and love it and I did a mini review found HERE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2