PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Backround behind taskbar!

I asked this question in Nrgy's thread but have not received an answer. Does anyone know how to get rid of the backround behind the taskbar? I tried installing a new taskbar, which does change all of the icons but not the backround behind the icons!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Backround behind taskbar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
I asked this question in Nrgy's thread but have not received an answer. Does anyone know how to get rid of the backround behind the taskbar? I tried installing a new taskbar, which does change all of the icons but not the backround behind the icons!
It depends on the SYS. If it's 6.5 or 6.5.x, you can just edit a png file. The png file to edit is dependent upon the tsk you choose, so I can't be anymore specific without more information.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It is 6.5.x. It is the original tsk that comes with the rom. When I change to a new one, the same backround is still there! I am not sure if that is the info that will help!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
It is 6.5.x. It is the original tsk that comes with the rom. When I change to a new one, the same backround is still there! I am not sure if that is the info that will help!
Actually, it looks like NRG hex-edited the taskbar to be transparent. If you just want a black taskbar back, copy the attached .png to \windows, and edit your registry accordingly as shown below:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\TaskBar]
"TaskBarThemeImage"="\Windows\black_taskbar.png"
You can change the black_taskbar.png to any color/image you want. If you re-name it, just make sure the name matches in your registry.
Attached Files
File Type: zip black_taskbar.zip (2.9 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

But how do you make the taskbar clear so the custom wallpaper shows through?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

andrewtheman is just getting started

I use Max TF3D Thememaker v4.1 to make both the top and bottom bars transparent (not just the curtains). It does the job pretty well, but gives you the power to royally screw up Manila, so be careful and back up your configuration before starting.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Max TF3D Theme Maker v4.1.cab (207.5 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

andrewtheman is just getting started

Oh, and weather animations cut off awkwardly at the taskbar bottom...
Old 04-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

is it possible to make my 6.1 top and bottom taskbar clear?

Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
is it possible to make my 6.1 top and bottom taskbar clear?
Yes, see here. It will take work on your part to find the SYS of the ROM you are using, download it, find the aygshell.dll and shell32.exe modules, hex edit s001 in each, recmod both modules to files, and copy the files to \windows with resco explorer or total commander. SYS to download can be found here.

Last edited by mwalt2; 04-02-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It's pretty easy and certainly might help you move from just flashing other people's roms to actually making your own .
Thanks for the info!!

please explain what u mean by this comment!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 04-02-2010 at 02:04 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2