PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Nav free with SERO plan?

Was wondering if anyone knows if SERO w/unlimited data can use the Sprint Nav free thanks.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Nav free with SERO plan?

hi, i can answer this using my own personal experience... navigation is only free on sero if the sprint employee u got ur sero thru is still employed... when my friend was still employed, i got free navi from may-around january and my sero 500 was $20 a month with my instinct s30. when they quit or whatever around january, i got a call from sprint saying my bill would change to $30 a month, navi would no longer be included free, and i either had to change fones r plans since instinct OS, WebOS, and Android require GPS. this also explains why some people have android on there sero and i was able to use a instinct, the employee that their sero is linked to is still employed...

let me know if you have any questions about sero, when the guy from sprint called me, we had a pretty long convo about sero and he seemed to know what he was talking about. hope this helps, dont forget to hit thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Don't know if you "can" but it came with WM6.5 and I used it the other day, okay, so I logged in to the system and it didn't warn me about extra charges. Okay, I sort of stood there in my livingroom and mapped where I am in comparison to the street. The Nav application is sort of silly to someone who doesn't have a car as in my case.

As to Puff's answer, I don't know what he/she is talking about. I'm on SERO and never had a charge or anything related to "someone leaving" that increased my price. Not at all sure what that means that someone called him/her but I've been on SERO and am actually 4 months out of contract and have no intention of switching from SERO until they make me or kick me off of my SERO plan.

Just went to sprint.com to check my bill, and navigation isn't even an option on my SERO account bill as an add-on.

Last edited by sanjsrik; 04-01-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1114; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

There is a glitch where it might be free. Check sprintusers forum and they talk about it in the SERO subforum.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hi, i can answer this using my own personal experience... navigation is only free on sero if the sprint employee u got ur sero thru is still employed... when my friend was still employed, i got free navi from may-around january and my sero 500 was $20 a month with my instinct s30. when they quit or whatever around january, i got a call from sprint saying my bill would change to $30 a month, navi would no longer be included free, and i either had to change fones r plans since instinct OS, WebOS, and Android require GPS. this also explains why some people have android on there sero and i was able to use a instinct, the employee that their sero is linked to is still employed...

let me know if you have any questions about sero, when the guy from sprint called me, we had a pretty long convo about sero and he seemed to know what he was talking about. hope this helps, dont forget to hit thanks
Ummm.... huh? Oh, April Fool's day... I get it.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
Don't know if you "can" but it came with WM6.5 and I used it the other day, okay, so I logged in to the system and it didn't warn me about extra charges. Okay, I sort of stood there in my livingroom and mapped where I am in comparison to the street. The Nav application is sort of silly to someone who doesn't have a car as in my case.

As to Puff's answer, I don't know what he/she is talking about. I'm on SERO and never had a charge or anything related to "someone leaving" that increased my price. Not at all sure what that means that someone called him/her but I've been on SERO and am actually 4 months out of contract and have no intention of switching from SERO until they make me or kick me off of my SERO plan.
what im saying is, my sero 500 was $20 a month and included navigation. when my ex was laid off from sprint i got a call saying my sero 500 would now be $30 instead of $20 and i'd lose my free navigation... so while my ex was employed i had FREE navigation...

so what u r saying is ur sero has always been $20 or always been $30??? i can take a pic of a old bill showing my sero 500 used to be $20 if needed... and of course the sprint navi app is included in every sprint WM rom, that doesnt mean the actual service is free...

Last edited by puff601; 04-01-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro
Threadstarter

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor

I pay $30 for the Sero500
Old 04-01-2010, 03:04 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
what im saying is, my sero 500 was $20 a month and included navigation. when my ex was laid off from sprint i got a call saying my sero 500 would now be $30 instead of $20 and i'd lose my sero... so while my ex was employed i had FREE navigation...

so what u r saying is ur sero has always been $20 or always been $30??? i can take a pic of a old bill showing my sero 500 used to be $20 if needed... and of course the sprint navi app is included in every sprint WM rom, that doesnt mean the actual service is free...
Puff the problem is you did not have a SERO plan you had an actual employee plan SERO = Seperated Employee Retention Offer... That is why u had NAV and could have any phone the actual SERO plan does not include nav and does not allow for NON WM phones
Old 04-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
what im saying is, my sero 500 was $20 a month and included navigation. when my ex was laid off from sprint i got a call saying my sero 500 would now be $30 instead of $20 and i'd lose my sero... so while my ex was employed i had FREE navigation...

There was never a $20.00 SERO. The lowest SERO plan has always been at $30.00. If your ex was a Sprint employee, then you most likely had a SWAC (Sprint Wireless Advantage Club) line on her employee account. Sprint employees never actually had SERO plans under their own name, as SERO was created specifically for the friends and family members of Sprint employees that still maintained the line of service under their own name, and not the employee's name.

EDIT: Hah, pzztgotbagz kinda beat me to the punch. But yea, you didn't have SERO.

Last edited by MidwestDrummer; 04-01-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
what im saying is, my sero 500 was $20 a month and included navigation. when my ex was laid off from sprint i got a call saying my sero 500 would now be $30 instead of $20 and i'd lose my free navigation... so while my ex was employed i had FREE navigation...

Also note that it is included in the ROM and will allow 24hrs of free usage but after that time you will get the prompt to buy the service. Everytime u hard reset the device you get a new token and a new 24hrs of usage

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2