PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

smooty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USCC touch pro 2

Looking for a home screen tool. Would like to have my apps listed on my home screen. I find it a pain at times when i want to just quick click my google maps ect. I used the Home screen tool from the marketplace but i found this slows my phone down. Not sure if there is another topic on this already new to these forums any help will be great.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: USCC touch pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooty View Post
Looking for a home screen tool. Would like to have my apps listed on my home screen. I find it a pain at times when i want to just quick click my google maps ect. I used the Home screen tool from the marketplace but i found this slows my phone down. Not sure if there is another topic on this already new to these forums any help will be great.

Thanks

cookie home tab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

smooty is a n00b

I am not sure how to tell if i have sense 2.5 on my TP2, i have not really found any place from USCC to download updates
Old 04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i looked around and couldnt find out for sure, but based on the name of the stock rom, id say its 2.1
RUU_Rhodium_W_WM65_USC_WWE_2.01.573.3_signed_RS2.1 8WV_NV1.63_15075_Ship_SMS2016.exe
Old 04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

smooty is a n00b

well if anyone out there has installed touchflo 2.5 , and has used cookie home tab on a us cellular touch pro 2 please let me know
Old 04-01-2010, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

rj_22 is a n00b

i have
Old 04-01-2010, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

Scenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You are going to have to flash a new ROM to achieve what you want here.

First and foremost, go read here.

Second step is, read that link again. Yes this one. Very important.

2nd, find a ROM with 2.5. I suggest MightyROM to start. It is the most stock like ROM just giving you the newest and latest builds and packages available for the phone while cutting out all of the extra uneeded fat. You can find it here

The stock 2.5 ROM gives you 3 columns of quick links. If you want a more robust homescreen with more options for quicklinks and other goodies. Get Cookie Home Tab or MaxManila. I prefer cookie hometab as it is lightweight but MaxManila has some extra features you may like at the cost of a little bit of performance. But it's not as sluggish as it once was. Either way, pick one and run with it.

Cookie Home Tab
MaxManila

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

smooty is a n00b

Ok one more question, i just got this phone about a month ago so will this void my warranty/insurance i have on the phone?
Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooty View Post
Ok one more question, i just got this phone about a month ago so will this void my warranty/insurance i have on the phone?
Yes and No.

Yes if you try to return it with the new ROM installed.

No, if you flash back to the stock ROM and re-lock it. (Or run it over with the truck if you are making an insurance claim.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2