PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dumblondewalkin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Selling a TP2...

Well I'm 90% sure I'm going to move on to the Evo and was looking for a little advice on selling my TP2. I know there are yardsale forums like craigslist and sites that will buy it from me, but which one will get me the most? I have a charger and all of the original materials (CD and whatnot) and want to sell when the EVO drops but I've never had to sell a phone before because Sprint has always just upgraded me. Sprint is giving a little over 100 bucks right now and another site estimated me for a little less than 200. What is everyone experience selling phones and how does it work with Sprint? Do I tell them I'm selling my phone and getting a new one. I really don't have anything to go off of and any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Poofyball is a n00b
Re: Selling a TP2...

wow.. 100.. less than 200? i just purchased mine of craigslist locally in houston tx.. and i tell ya, i could NOT find a sprint touch pro 2 for less than 350.. i had a few 300$ deals fall through but.. yeah i paid 350 for mine.. and i was happy to get it, i sold a samsung moment for 200 so that payed for most of it, but if i were you keep in mind NOT alot of people actually have the sprint touch pro 2, and even less have the verizon one. just depends on were you live, but i wouldn't take less than 300 if you choose craigslist, its a rule of thumb most "buisnesses" wont pay what it's worth .
Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

from what i've seen ebay is usually selling higher then craigslist. the thing is though craigslist is more convenient and you can meet them up and get the money right there and then. also with ebay you have to deal with shipping,and fees

dang poofy i hope your phone was brand new bc i got mine off of craigs houston used for 260

Last edited by itony; 03-31-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker

Poofyball is a n00b

lol thanks, thanks alot, it took me forever just to find one that was with sprint.. let alone under 350, but yeah it was all still wrapped up in it's stuff although it was missing the case, were the sprint's sposed to have a leather case?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Gazelle is awesome. mrgoodcat sold his tp2 there and i sold my tp2. they pay about $220 for a tp2 in good condition...
please use my referral link because then i can get $10, lol

http://www.gazelle.com/referral_code/niskayunaw3624

Old 03-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Lurker

Poofyball is a n00b

220 just seems to cheap... i kno it's not the best phone around, but it's worth more thatn 220... id stick with going to craigslist before you try a website.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poofyball View Post
220 just seems to cheap... i kno it's not the best phone around, but it's worth more thatn 220... id stick with going to craigslist before you try a website.
i agree 220 is really cheap, but it is easy to sell with them... a lot of people are getting the hd2 and other new phones so there are a lot of tp2s being sold. they are only selling for 200-300 right now
Old 03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

If your a VIP member of Sprint, or what they call Premier then after 1 year of service you get $150 credit (sign 2 year agreement) towards a upgrade...Not sure if you knew that but thats what I plan on doing....Keeping my TP2 and buying the Evo with the $150 credit at my 1 Year (Aug. 1st).
Old 03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yea damn hd2 and it doesn't help that sprint retardedly and randomly decides to drop the upgrade price to 300
Old 03-31-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

dumblondewalkin is a n00b

So I should try craigslist or ebay? My phone is in SUPERB condition except for the day I wasn't paying attention and left it in a bag with some keys. It has one noticeable scratch and I have since put on a screen protector which masks most of the scratch. The rest of the phone is pristine and I would be able to flash the normal ROM and re-lock it for anyone to buy it. Do you think I could get 275-300 ish near the EVO release?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2