PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Links to tweaks for Sprint's 6.5 rom

I have spent lots and lots of time searching forums for ways of tweaking my phone to maximize it's capabilities while making it look and feel just right. I believe it would be so much easier and lots less time consuming if we had a everything accessible all in one place. Below are links to forums/sites with working reg tweaks/cabs for Sprint's new 6.5 rom. If you have others that are not posted please add..

Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 Tweaks Discussion
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114806

Hd2 Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks*(lots of tweaks that work with pro 2)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...rnet+shortcuts

Sense UI 2.5 modifications
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583862

Sense 2.5 tweaks & mods & CABS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584415

Boushh's Manila 2011 Tweaks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109973

Start Menu - 3/4/5/6 Items Wide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=589380

Unlock extra tools in sprint's 6.5 comm manager
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=comm+manager

Last edited by lnando84; 03-31-2010 at 01:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:38 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Links to tweaks for Sprint's 6.5 rom

Reserved
Old 03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Reserved 2
Old 03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
I have spent lots and lots of time searching forums for ways of tweaking my phone to maximize it's capabilities while making it look and feel just right. I believe it would be so much easier and lots less time consuming if we had a everything accessible all in one place. Below are links to forums/sites with working reg tweaks/cabs for Sprint's new 6.5 rom. If you have others that are not posted please add..

Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 Tweaks Discussion
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114806

Hd2 Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks*(lots of tweaks that work with pro 2)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...rnet+shortcuts

Sense UI 2.5 modifications
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583862

Sense 2.5 tweaks & mods & CABS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584415

Boushh's Manila 2011 Tweaks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109973

Start Menu - 3/4/5/6 Items Wide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=589380

Unlock extra tools in sprint's 6.5 comm manager
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=comm+manager
Thanks for the shout out in the first link!
Should I add these in my thread rather than creating another one?
Old 03-31-2010, 03:05 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
Thanks for the shout out in the first link!
Should I add these in my thread rather than creating another one?
Please, for the love of God.
Do not start yet another Sprint 2.5 rom "...." thread.
They are like roaches in what was a clean house before, lol.
Seriously, how many threads do we really need that list apps that are compatible with that rom?
No offense.
This is not directed at you specifically.

For the most part, many apps and mods that work on any other 2.5.2012 rom will work on the Sprint one also.
With the exception of maybe a few taskbars and things that would change based on whether your using 6.5 or 6.5.x, even then there are roms with both OS's.
Why not search and read what has been available info for some time now?Instead of everyone starting a new thread, each time they have a question related to their SPRINT Rom?

Sorry guys, but it's really clogging the forums with unnecessary clutter.
Most of which has been discussed or posted before.
Not to mention, thread after thread of people reposting other peoples cabs, with no mention of where they got it.
How about linking to the files in stead of reposting everyone elses work all over the place?
Just my thoughts and opinions on all this Sprint B.S. I'm seeing.
Say what you will, but it's getting old fast and makes me come on the forums, less and less now.
Can't wait till the noob 6.5, sense 2.5 buzz wears off.
Many of us have been using it a while now and now see all the same old questions coming around again. The answers are out there already guys. Search a little before starting new threads.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 03-31-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Please, for the love of God.
Do not start yet another Sprint 2.5 rom "...." thread.
They are like roaches in what was a clean house before, lol.
Seriously, how many threads do we really need that list apps that are compatible with that rom?
No offense.
This is not directed at you specifically.

For the most part, many apps and mods that work on any other 2.5.2012 rom will work on the Sprint one also.
With the exception of maybe a few taskbars and things that would change based on whether your using 6.5 or 6.5.x, even then there are roms with both OS's.
Why not search and read what has been available info for some time now?Instead of everyone starting a new thread, each time they have a question related to their SPRINT Rom?

Sorry guys, but it's really clogging the forums with unnecessary clutter.
Most of which has been discussed or posted before.
Not to mention, thread after thread of people reposting other peoples cabs, with no mention of where they got it.
How about linking to the files in stead of reposting everyone elses work all over the place?
Just my thoughts and opinions on all this Sprint B.S. I'm seeing.
Say what you will, but it's getting old fast and makes me come on the forums, less and less now.
Can't wait till the noob 6.5, sense 2.5 buzz wears off.
Many of us have been using it a while now and now see all the same old questions coming around again. The answers are out there already guys. Search a little before starting new threads.
You have always been more than helpfull with my requests, and do AMAZING work (you have the top spot in my Manila mod's) so no disrespect but others are not so helpful. These threads have become a place to flame those less informed, rather than help.

The reasons you stated above are the reason I created my thread, to try to keep it in one place. Searching for something that works and is up to date is difficult because of the fact there are multiple versions of eveything.. (The OP of the Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications sticky has not been updated since 10-4-2009. I know Mighty has bigger and better things to do!)

Yes, I know that not every link in my thread is to the origional post, but I am working on making that happen

62,000 views in 12 days says that I am not the only one that feels the same
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:35 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

amen santod.

kinda time consuming readin through the threads that are all the same. if it worked on 6.5 before, it will work now. except if ur running a custom, but at that point u know what works and doesnt. plus theres a tweaks sticky isnt there?

Help Me Help You
Old 03-31-2010, 03:36 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
You have always been more than helpfull with my requests, and do AMAZING work (you have the top spot in my Manila mod's) so no disrespect but others are not so helpful. These threads have become a place to flame those less informed, rather than help.

The reasons you stated above are the reason I created my thread, to try to keep it in one place. Searching for something that works and is up to date is difficult because of the fact there are multiple versions of eveything.. (The OP of the Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications sticky has not been updated since 10-4-2009. I know Mighty has bigger and better things to do!)

Yes, I know that not every link in my thread is to the origional post, but I am working on making that happen

62,000 views in 12 days says that I am not the only one that feels the same
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words and I know I was sticking my neck out to say anything.
Please know, that I absolutely agree with having a single thread for all the related info for those that need it. That is not the issue I speak of.

The problem I see, is all the individual questions regarding the Sprint rom, that are not at all Sprint rom specific.
The questions being asked by many, apply to all 2.5.2012 roms.
All that is needed, is for others to do a little searching of their own, before posting. If they can't find the answer, then a common thread for these "SPRINT" specific questions, if they reaily are, is a great idea!

So, don't think I'm trashing your efforts at all. That is not the case. I even THANKed your response.
I am just personally tired of coming on now and seeing the TP2 forum's first page, more then half, littered with redundant questions, that all seem to have Sprint in the title.
Maybe we need to start a seperate Sprint Sub forum, so those users can fill that full of the same old questions. Not gonna happen, but would make it easier for everyone else to sift through at this point.

Perhaps just a sticky for your thread. Or better yet, we all search and read before posting.
It really helps keep the forums cleaner and easier to find what we all need when searching as well.
Anyhow, your efforts are appreciated bud. Don't think they're not.
As I said, I was not directing that at you specifically.

Last edited by santod; 03-31-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

totally off-topic (hey, someone had to be the first), roaches don't come into a clean house, just a dirty one.

Related note, tried the 6x cab you link to in XDA. Very nice.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Please know, that I absolutely agree with having a single thread for all the related info for those that need it.

The problem I see, is all the individual questions regarding the Sprint rom, that are not at all Sprint rom specific.
The questions being asked by many, apply to all 2.5.2012 roms.

I am just personally tired of coming on now and seeing the TP2 forum's first page, more then half, littered with redundant questions, that all seem to have Sprint in the title.

Perhaps just a sticky for your thread.
I hear ya cluckin' Big Chicken!
I agree that reading is a lost art, and searching even more so.. That's why I started this

If you think a Sticky might prevent some redundancy hit me up!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2