PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 05:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Question Emailing Issue

For a while now, i've noticed when I try to email myself something as a attachment from my aol address whether it be a cab, picture, or a file that I want to open on my phones email the attachment never shows on my devices email

for instance say my email is touchpro2@aol.com on my device. if i log into aol with that same email on the computer and attach a cab, picture or whatever, and send it to that same email address but check it on my phone it arrives to my device with no attachment or at least i cant download it.

what gives? is it because its from the same address? is it an aol issue?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Emailing Issue

I use hotmail, no problems here. May be Aol, have you tried emailing just the link to the cab?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i think its a aol problem the same message came thru when i sent it from yahoo thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
For a while now, i've noticed when I try to email myself something as a attachment from my aol address whether it be a cab, picture, or a file that I want to open on my phones email the attachment never shows on my devices email

for instance say my email is touchpro2@aol.com on my device. if i log into aol with that same email on the computer and attach a cab, picture or whatever, and send it to that same email address but check it on my phone it arrives to my device with no attachment or at least i cant download it.

what gives? is it because its from the same address? is it an aol issue?
Try this.......

Go Messaging, then tap AOL, then tap Menu, then tap Tools, then tap Options, then tap AOL, then tap Download size Settings, then choose Message download limit and set Entire Message, then choose Download attachments and set All attachments, then tap done.......

See if that works for you......

Last edited by treotraveler; 03-30-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul --> HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

elcapitan154 is just getting started

Also, some SPAM filters don't allow CAB attachments or similar executables. Try zipping the attachment before you send it. The TP2 has a zip utility built-in and it can unzip the attachment for you. Hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2