PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
future hacks for our phone

We have windows 6.1 6.5. 6.5.3 6.5.5 and android when we gonna get someone out their to add in web o/s and winmobile 7 ? Just saw a video of a diamond with windows 7 mobile and got me thinking. I dunno if Id keep it but be fun to play with or be able to do with android run when I feel like it
Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: future hacks for our phone

The video of the Diamond running WP7S is just someone running the emulator with remote desktop. The only legitimate (appears to be anyway...) port happening now is on the HD2...in Russia.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Also realize that other OS may not run as well on TP2. The HD2 has much better specs.

WM 6x may be the last great WM OS that we as power users/modders are accustomed to. It allows total freedom/hackability/customization, etc. WM7 is going the way of Apple with a totally controlled, sandboxed OS in the name of "security". A lot of the things we do on 6x phones wont be doable on some of the new more locked down OS choices.

I say we focus on making 6.5.x and our TP2's and good as they can be for the time being with as many power user features as possible and GUI enhancements that don't sacrifice performance. Why bog down a good phone with WM7 when it isnt even finalized/bug free yet? Even Android on a WM phone has lots of issues. If you want the latest and greatest eye candy, go get a iPhone or something. We are seeing the death of WM as we know it now. The freedom we have with WM 6x is a thing of the past I'm afraid. Even jailbreaking an iphone has been stomped out with Apples latest firmware.

Last edited by Alpine-; 03-29-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Can't ever do WebOS... at least not publish it.

WebOS is not open source like Andorid. You will get sued.

I remember back in the day I used to be part of a site called aximusers which merged with mobility site...anyways, they didn't let talk of how to flash your axim with wm 6 on the site because technically, its illegal.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post

I remember back in the day I used to be part of a site called aximusers which merged with mobility site...anyways, they didn't let talk of how to flash your axim with wm 6 on the site because technically, its illegal.
well technically windows mobile isnt open source either lol so who do they fear more microsoft or palm and remember one of them maybe going bye bye in the next 12 months lol
Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
well technically windows mobile isnt open source either lol
Which is why you won't see WM on the Sprint EvO...
Old 03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Which is why you won't see WM on the Sprint EvO...
well so far xda hasnt been able to get win mobile on android phones ( as far as I know anyway ) but be awesome if someone figures it out love an evo with win mobile 6.5.5 now that is orgasmic mmmm lol I dunno android good but I love my win mobile (pre win mobile 7)
Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Telus

nomi34 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

Most of WebOS is open source...its based on Linux...
http://opensource.palm.com/packages.html
Old 03-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Also realize that other OS may not run as well on TP2. The HD2 has much better specs.

WM 6x may be the last great WM OS that we as power users/modders are accustomed to. It allows total freedom/hackability/customization, etc. WM7 is going the way of Apple with a totally controlled, sandboxed OS in the name of "security". A lot of the things we do on 6x phones wont be doable on some of the new more locked down OS choices.

I say we focus on making 6.5.x and our TP2's and good as they can be for the time being with as many power user features as possible and GUI enhancements that don't sacrifice performance. Why bog down a good phone with WM7 when it isnt even finalized/bug free yet? Even Android on a WM phone has lots of issues. If you want the latest and greatest eye candy, go get a iPhone or something. We are seeing the death of WM as we know it now. The freedom we have with WM 6x is a thing of the past I'm afraid. Even jailbreaking an iphone has been stomped out with Apples latest firmware.
I can kindof see winmo's point of "locking down" the OS. A lot of the crap we put on our phones are the reason for the unresponsiveness and crashes. then winmo gets at least part of the blame for it.
I am not opposed to paying for my apps through an app store as long as they are reasonably priced. I would still like to have some UI customability and multitasking though.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

android may run but is far from finished. when i can hear my phone ring it will be 100% lol.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2