PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scott1998ta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tethering under Sprint 6.5

I know this has been answered in several different threads but please don't jump all over me for this one. I just got a Touch Pro 2 and upgraded to the 6.5 rom. I have seen several different fixes for tethering without sprint knowing and the one I tried didn't work. I'd like to know what is the easiest way to get it done and be confident that the powers that be won't know you are doing it.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: tethering under Sprint 6.5

Scott, I did a quick search and come up with this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115051. But as you note, this has been answered in several diff threads and there are a few fixes, one you tried didn't work, maybe the other ones will... Or post in those threads and see what others on the stock 6.5 can help you with. I can't offer you any other recommendation as I'm on a custom ROM that has stealth tethering... IMO that's the safest and best way to go.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

scott1998ta is a n00b

That was actually the one I tried and I get <none> when I try to choose a network. Someone later on in the thread said to try a different 'internet sharing' icon but I'm cautious about it cause I don't need a $1000 bill. I think it's a load of crap that I pay for unlimited data...I don't think they should be able to tell me how I use that data.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I hear ya! That's one of the reasons I'm on a custom ROM, It's got everything I need and none of the bloatware, no lock ups, no freezes, no issues at all. I've been on Mr. X's 6.5 2.5 since he released this one, 03/05/10 and have had no issues at all. No work arounds, etc. Honestly, take a glance over there at his thread, I tether and have NO issues at all, set up wireless and the kids all lock on with their ipod touch's and no monthly bill.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

scott1998ta is a n00b

I've never used a custom ROM and have had a mogul and a TP1 before this. If I use PIM backup to backup all my contacts and so on, can I restore them back on to a cooked ROM?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

bartendersimon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bartendersimon Send a message via MSN to bartendersimon Send a message via Yahoo to bartendersimon Send a message via Skype™ to bartendersimon

Im just using WMWifirouter and it works for me just good.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1998ta View Post
I've never used a custom ROM and have had a mogul and a TP1 before this. If I use PIM backup to backup all my contacts and so on, can I restore them back on to a cooked ROM?
yes. I would try MS myphone though, much better and less issues...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

marcob24k@aol.com is a n00b

I would recommend using the HTC wifirouter app. just install the cab and you will be able to turn your phone into wifi router. works great! you can find it under the favorite cabs thread.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jac187 is just getting started

ics cab didnt work? with regedits?

i have done both and they work without the Error and i havent noticed any charges on my bill.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

9erHater is a n00b

I've read under the Mighty ROM thread that Sprint made a change in the 6.5 release so that the simple registry change doesn't work anymore. Make sure you try something more recent than the 3/19 release date.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2