PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 03:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

jbass350z is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Warranty?

What will it take to get my TP2 replaced? I have the rainbow-ed touch screen and it has gotten to the point of being just very annoying. Should I go into the V store or call them?

Is anyone else having luck getting their phones replaced?
Old 03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer
Re: Verizon Warranty?

As a VZW rep, if I took you're call I would refer you to the store. This would be with your best interest in mind, and not just to avoid having to issue a replacement. My reasoning would be that, I've heard A LOT of people say that this is due to moisture/humidity. If I send out a replacement device, I have no way to guarantee you that the person who checks the phone in at the warehouse, won't end up classifying it as water damage. And if that happens, then you're on the hook for the full retail cost of the device.

Go to a store, and have a tech look at it. If the tech concludes that it is a warranty issue, and not water damage, tell them to notate their conlusion on your account. This will cover your rear in case the above scenario happens. From there, they'll either replace the phone on the spot (if stock is available) or they'll call tech support and have a replacement shipped to you.

Last edited by MidwestDrummer; 03-29-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

ghdtpdna is a n00b

I am sending my phone back for warranty replacement.
How do I know that I am stock now?
I know that because I was able to flash the software update through verizon that I "SHOULD" be but wanted to make sure.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

FWIW, it appears *most* cases of 'rainbow' screen lead quickly to a hole or tear in the membrane under the screen and the touch function of the screen fails. I had this happen to me and was asked by the rep what the moisture sensor looked like and had I ever dropped it. When both questions were answered, they mailed me a replacement. Check the little red crosshatched sticker under the battery cover. If it's not solid red, you should be good to go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2