PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy strangeness when pressing power button on top - left softkey press simluated

Hi all-

I've got a TP2, verizon, MR X rom. Very few customizations except for using PhoneAlarm.

The screen shuts off after a couple minutes (set that way on purpose to save batter). I turn the screen on by pressing the power button at the top of the TP2.

About half the screen shuts off while the mailbox is showing, (Outlook - exchange push), pressing the power button will bring the screen back but then ask me if I want to delete the selected message. It's as if I pressed the left softkey (which is delete).

If the screen shuts off while I'm composing a message (say if I start it and then step away before finishing it), pressing the power button often, but not always, sends the unfinished message. Again, this is the left soft key.

I've seen strangeness when outside of Outlook too.

Anyone have any ideas?

(I'm sorry if this should have been posted under the Mr. X thread. Mods, please feel free to move this if necessary. I'm hoping it can stay here in case this affects other roms. It'll also make it easier for me to stay on top of this thread instead of having to parse through the dozens of Mr X rom messages posted in that thread each day).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2