PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 - Battery Cover/Camera fix?

Ok here's what i've found and i need some suggestions or maybe a workaround.

I found that when taking pictures with the battery cover on, takes not so great pictures. Using the same settings and without changing anything, it takes considerably different quality pictures without the battery cover on.
I tried to clean the clear shield that protects the camera but i'm really thinking about drilling a hole or something to get rid of the plastic.

Many times now i have taken pictures that were once in a lifetime and they turned out bad.

here's a good comparison below:
<with battery cover

< without battery cover

<without battery cover

<with battery cover

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

Last edited by NCX Designs; 03-29-2010 at 01:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 - Battery Cover/Camera fix?

Only 3 tines???... Welcome to the club.
I take bad pictures all the time. LOL.

I think you're on the right track however you have to consider the dust that will accumulate in the lense once you remove the protection. I've thought about removing the battery cover to take pictures and putting it pack on once I'm done.

p.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
Only 3 tines???... Welcome to the club.
I take bad pictures all the time. LOL.

I think you're on the right track however you have to consider the dust that will accumulate in the lense once you remove the protection. I've thought about removing the battery cover to take pictures and putting it pack on once I'm done.

p.
removing the cover would take too long to try to take a pic of something that can't be taken again
but in any case, it would also eventually wear it out and keep it from staying on. mine is already cracked around the stylus holder, think it happened from having to remove the battery a few times from freezing on some ROM's.

i have considered that it would get dusty and dirty, but cleaning the camera directly vs the cover which is alot harder to do since its not smooth, but inside an inlet, i have considered the consequences before thinking about removing the plastic

now, if there is a better battery cover out there that has a much thinner piece of plastic and is clearer than the current one, i'd bite

heck, a black matte cover would be nice too :P

Last edited by NCX Designs; 03-29-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

I just pushed the plastic cover out of the battery door. It's just glued in and comes out very easily and reinstalls just as easy if you dont like it. I also havent noticed an accumulation of dust. I looked a friends blackberry and thats exactly how blackberry did it. No cover and recessed beneath the battery door so its still protected. Just my 2cents.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
I just pushed the plastic cover out of the battery door. It's just glued in and comes out very easily and reinstalls just as easy if you dont like it. I also havent noticed an accumulation of dust. I looked a friends blackberry and thats exactly how blackberry did it. No cover and recessed beneath the battery door so its still protected. Just my 2cents.
do you have a picture of what it looks like without the piece you removed?
the only piece i see that actually comes off is the whole black piece that is part of the speakerphone button and the HTC logo on it
Old 03-29-2010, 03:54 PM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

gof is becoming a great contributor

The green tint is a clue. There is a thin plastic scratch protector (for shipping) on the inside of the battery cover. It's supposed to be removed! Check it out.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff

Sure do, but I think it may be because I have a US Cellular phone and the battery cover is different. It's hard to see in the picture but the lens cover has been removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-03-29 15.29.15.jpg (402.9 KB, 161 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0022.jpg (814.4 KB, 146 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

just to ask an obvious question. the inside of the cover has a blue piece of plastic over it when the device comes. It's to protect the lens. have you taken this off?
Old 03-29-2010, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
just to ask an obvious question. the inside of the cover has a blue piece of plastic over it when the device comes. It's to protect the lens. have you taken this off?
Sure have.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gof View Post
The green tint is a clue. There is a thin plastic scratch protector (for shipping) on the inside of the battery cover. It's supposed to be removed! Check it out.
sorry, but I'm not stupid, i looked for one of those cling protectors like all phones usually come with, and i removed every one when i got the phone last year.

and fyi, i'm not the only one that has this issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2