PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Good touchscreen music app? (S2P not quite there)

Greetings.

I'm looking for a good music player app for listening to music at the gym.

I've tried WMP with SPB MS 3.5 home screen controls, but they are too small to easily grasp while working out. Next I tried S2P. Better, but still not as easy as I'd prefer.

Is there a music player that can put a HUGE control pad on the screen with FF/next, REW/back, play/pause, and that can skip to the next song when I shake the phone?

S2P supposedly supports advancing to the next song by shaking the phone, but I tried it at home and it didn't work. The sensitivity was on a scale of 0-200, defaulting to 100. The lower, the easier. I lowered it all the way to 0, still no dice, and I shook the phone pretty hard. It would be a handy feature to have at the gym.

Also I noticed that my phone heated up quite a bit during my S2P tests. Does it have a known battery drain issue?

Is there anything better out there?

Thanks.

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 03-29-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:47 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Good touchscreen music app? (S2P not quite there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Greetings.

I'm looking for a good music player app for listening to music at the gym.

I've tried WMP with SPB MS 3.5 home screen controls, but they are too small to easily grasp while working out. Next I tried S2P. Better, but still not as easy as I'd prefer.

Is there a music player that can put a HUGE control pad on the screen with FF/next, REW/back, play/pause, and that can skip to the next song when I shake the phone?

S2P supposedly supports advancing to the next song by shaking the phone, but I tried it at home and it didn't work. The sensitivity was on a scale of 0-200, defaulting to 100. The lower, the easier. I lowered it all the way to 0, still no dice, and I shook the phone pretty hard. It would be a handy feature to have at the gym.

Also I noticed that my phone heated up quite a bit during my S2P tests. Does it have a known battery drain issue?

Is there anything better out there?

Thanks.
Maybe you should check out Nitrogen.
There are many skins available for it as well.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:54 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

+1 for Nitro, try Manilla skin with it, u ll be one happy dude
Old 03-29-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started

Other than the control buttons on the main Nitrogen screen, I actually like S2P better...but neither have a "genre" feature...I started by using WMP, but lately I've been using the HTC player via the "music" tab and it's not bad.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

elmago29 is becoming a great contributor

i think ipod shuffles have the shake to play thing, might want to give that a try.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor

So far the only player I've found to be close to acceptable is PocketPlayer, which is skinnable. But it costs $. WMP made me crazy, Nitrogen has no tag support, the other two didn't work much better. And PocketPlayer supports lyrics tags, which is awesome. Just remember to exit it fully when you're not using it, because it does use up battery.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmago29 View Post
i think ipod shuffles have the shake to play thing, might want to give that a try.
Thanks, but my home is an Apple (product) free zone.

My TP2 has an accelerometer, I'd prefer to use it if possible.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Maybe you should check out Nitrogen.
There are many skins available for it as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
+1 for Nitro, try Manilla skin with it, u ll be one happy dude
Thanks. I checked out Nitrogen and it looks promising. I'll install it before I head out for the gym today and we'll see how it works.

Does Nitrogen work with the HTC music remote? (The one where you can plug in your own set of 3.5mm headphones, it has prev/next, pause/play, vol up/dn, send/end buttons, a built-in mic, mute switch and hold switch, etc...)
Old 03-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
Other than the control buttons on the main Nitrogen screen, I actually like S2P better...but neither have a "genre" feature...I started by using WMP, but lately I've been using the HTC player via the "music" tab and it's not bad.
S2P looked promising at first, but the on-screen control buttons look like they would hard to grasp when I am exhausted and sweating. (I like to push my workouts hard, and yes my phone is protected, a silicone case with screen protector.)

Also, in my tests, the phone heated up quite a bit while running S2P. I need my battery to last for a while, and S2P doesn't seem conducive to that.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
So far the only player I've found to be close to acceptable is PocketPlayer, which is skinnable. But it costs $. WMP made me crazy, Nitrogen has no tag support, the other two didn't work much better. And PocketPlayer supports lyrics tags, which is awesome. Just remember to exit it fully when you're not using it, because it does use up battery.
If Nitrogen does not suit my needs, I'll check it out. I'm not above paying for truly useful software. (That also applies to donating to Nitrogen's creators.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2