PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

the version of opera that came with the sprint 6.5 upgrade really really sux. idk even what version this is but would like my old one back that was with the stock 6.1 .... is this easy to do & if so can someone steer me in the direction ?
Old 03-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPC

Zing Zing is becoming a great contributor
Re: sprint 6.5 opera sux!

can u be more specific as to what kind of issues you are having with the built in opera? "sux" seems to be opinion oriented as oppose to an actual functional issue. 0.02
Old 03-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i'm posting on it now, seems the same as 6.1 to me.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:00 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

yea, sprints opera is a little off, dont like having to put phone number in to access first time. but oh well. im loving Opera Mini 5 on 6.5 stock...blazing fast.

Help Me Help You
Old 03-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

scrolling on pages is slow & often cant keep up to the speed of my finger so for seconds at a time it displays an all black screen compared to my other version which 98% of the time could keep up. that in itself makes it suck enough where i dont want it ... caps button dont work only while opera is running ... opening new links at times the page likes to automatically scroll to the bottom lightning fast & will not recognize my finger input so it fights me getting it to the top. .. idk if double tap to zoom is gone but that dont seem to work. it sux & the older version is more user friendly. all i can remember as of now but i believe there was a few more things.

Last edited by dumpringz; 03-28-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nonstop is a n00b

I've been having problems with the 6.5 Opera too. It seems to crash more often. Sometimes links don't work, while trying to browse this forum I had to press to copy the link and paste it to the address bar to switch pages and view posts. It seems to lose cookies a lot. Trying to view Facebook on it I have to relogon every 5 minutes usually.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Star Tac
Carrier: sprint

myltz400 is just getting started

I agree, this is the worst opera expirence ever. What version did the 6.1 have and how do we get it back?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i havent played much with the stock 6.5 opera since i dont like opera 9.7 but this one seems to work best for me,hope it works good for you guys as well.give it a shot.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Opera_Browser_9_50_16730_0.cab (4.24 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2