PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JayyboRetro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Desktop webpage view w/ Opera with 6.5 Upgrade

-Hello All

Before my upgrade to Windows 6.5, Id installed Hypnotic's 2010 Opera tweaks, which allowed for viewing of all webpages in desktop format. Since the upgrade, all of my webpages are in mobile format. Mobile view is unchecked by default; however mobile view still occurs.

Is anyone aware of any tweaks or registry edits that will allow for all pages to be viewed in desktop mode? Your help is appreciated.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: Desktop webpage view w/ Opera with 6.5 Upgrade

Anyone???
Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Upload the Hyponics Tweak Cab and Ill see what I can do to assist you, I used to have that cab it had many tweaks
Old 03-28-2010, 01:31 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Change the user agent in the about:config menu. IE,Opera,Firefox I think are the options. You will have to google what the strings are though.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

hey man i had this exact same problem a while ago. i did a write up about it here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1610789#1610789

the reason it does that is because your user agent is currently Internet Explorer Mobile so it automatically directs you to the mobile version of sites. what you want is for your browser to be recognized as a desktop browser so all you need to do is:

1. Enter "opera:config" into your Opera address bar

2. Scroll down to "User Prefs"

3. Scroll down to "Custom User-Agent"

4. Enter the following:

Opera 9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)

5. Restart of Opera.

also, while you are at it, you might as well change you cache directory so that your cache save to you memory card instead of device memory... in the same "user prefs" menu, go to "cache directory4" and enter "Storage CardWindowsInternetOpera Cache". this will save you lots of device memory

dont forget to hit thanks

Last edited by puff601; 03-28-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

hey man i had this exact same problem a while ago. i did a write up about it here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...610789#1610789

the reason it does that is because your user agent is currently Internet Explorer Mobile so it automatically directs you to the mobile version of sites. what you want is for your browser to be recognized as a desktop browser so all you need to do is:

1. Enter "opera:config" into your Opera address bar

2. Scroll down to "User Prefs"

3. Scroll down to "Custom User-Agent"

4. Enter the following:

Opera 9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)

5. Restart of Opera.

also, while you are at it, you might as well change you cache directory so that your cache save to you memory card instead of device memory... in the same "user prefs" menu, go to "cache directory4" and enter "Storage CardWindowsInternetOpera Cache". this will save you lots of device memory

dont forget to hit thanks

I followed these instructions and they've seemed to work for the most part, except for the one site that I visit most often (of course), ESPN.com

Before upgrading to Windows 6.5, I was able to view the desktop version of that site; now the mobile version is always forced. Puff, or anyone else who's made this change, would you mind loading that site to see if you experience the same thing. If Ive gotta deal with one site not loading its desktop version, so be it I guess....

Thanks again for the help. Ill be sure to hit thanks....
Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you are right, for some reason espn.com still sends you to the mobile... if you scroll down to the bottom right hand corner and click on espn.com, it will take you to the mobile version then
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:00 AM
N00b

Harry408 is just getting started

if you want to view espn is desktop format, just use espn.go.com in any browser
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2