PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 AM
minilabs2009

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Hard-SPL Unlock Issue!

This is a Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 and it’s already “SIM, CID and Security Unlocked” (despite me losing my SIM card). I had it Hard-SPL Unlocked once before but I had to "relock/restock" it for warranty reasons but now that thats over and I want to Hard-SPL Unlock it AGAIN to put custom Roms and Themes on it like I used to do before. I'm also a 3 time donater & I know how to access the bootloader and such. I've had this problem for about 1 month now and cannot get it resolved. I have the “official” Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM.
For the Automatic Process I put the phone in airplane/flight mode and connect to active sync (windows xp) and I open the "RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL" file and extract it to the desktop I hit automatic flash and after about a few seconds I get the error message. The error message says this: "Sorry, the Hard-SPL process closed early due to an error, or RUU errored out when attempting to flash (or you canceled it); (Tip: if RUU failed, but ONLY in that case, try SSPL -Manual.exe and then use Manual Flash option.) * * * If you still have issues with Hard-SPL, you can ask for help at contactchan@freemail.hu: Alternative option: would you like to donate a small amount to get next device instantly unlocked too (in the case we detected this is not your first device to unlock)?"
For the Manual Process while connected to activesync I download and extract the "SSPL-Manual-RhodiumW_V1_01" file to the desktop and place it on the phone. Then I go to it and attempt to open it up ( the screen freezes ) then I go on the desktop and open up the "RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3" file and hit Manual Flash then it says "Verifying information on your PDA...Please wait..." and after about a minute I get the "ERROR [260] : CONNECTION" and it says "The Update Utility cannot connect to your PDA Phone. Please check that your USB cradle/cable is connected properly between the PC and your PDA Phone. Check the following 1. The PDA Phone is connected to the USB cradle/cable. 2. The USB cradle/cable is connected to the PC." then I hit the EXIT button and the other message pops up "Sorry, the Hard-SPL process closed early due to an error, or RUU errored out when attempting to flash (or you canceled it) (Tip: if RUU failed, but ONLY in that case, try SSPL -Manual.exe and then use Manual Flash option.) * * * If you still have issues with Hard-SPL, you can ask for help at contactchan@freemail.hu: Alternative option: would you like to donate a small amount to get next device instantly unlocked too (in the case we detected this is not your first device to unlock)?"
Old 03-27-2010, 10:56 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Hard-SPL Unlock Issue!

Don't put it in flight/airplane mode. It says "should not" in the instructions.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 03-27-2010, 11:29 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forums.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work

Is there a fix? It appears as though Hard-SPL no longer works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minilabs2009 View Post
This is a Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 and it’s already “SIM, CID and Security Unlocked” (despite me losing my SIM card). I had it Hard-SPL Unlocked once before but I had to "relock/restock" it for warranty reasons but now that thats over and I want to Hard-SPL Unlock it AGAIN to put custom Roms and Themes on it like I used to do before. I'm also a 3 time donater & I know how to access the bootloader and such. I've had this problem for about 1 month now and cannot get it resolved. I have the “official” Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM.
For the Automatic Process I put the phone in airplane/flight mode and connect to active sync (windows xp) and I open the "RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL" file and extract it to the desktop I hit automatic flash and after about a few seconds I get the error message. The error message says this: "Sorry, the Hard-SPL process closed early due to an error, or RUU errored out when attempting to flash (or you canceled it); (Tip: if RUU failed, but ONLY in that case, try SSPL -Manual.exe and then use Manual Flash option.) * * * If you still have issues with Hard-SPL, you can ask for help at contactchan@freemail.hu: Alternative option: would you like to donate a small amount to get next device instantly unlocked too (in the case we detected this is not your first device to unlock)?"
For the Manual Process while connected to activesync I download and extract the "SSPL-Manual-RhodiumW_V1_01" file to the desktop and place it on the phone. Then I go to it and attempt to open it up ( the screen freezes ) then I go on the desktop and open up the "RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3" file and hit Manual Flash then it says "Verifying information on your PDA...Please wait..." and after about a minute I get the "ERROR [260] : CONNECTION" and it says "The Update Utility cannot connect to your PDA Phone. Please check that your USB cradle/cable is connected properly between the PC and your PDA Phone. Check the following 1. The PDA Phone is connected to the USB cradle/cable. 2. The USB cradle/cable is connected to the PC." then I hit the EXIT button and the other message pops up "Sorry, the Hard-SPL process closed early due to an error, or RUU errored out when attempting to flash (or you canceled it) (Tip: if RUU failed, but ONLY in that case, try SSPL -Manual.exe and then use Manual Flash option.) * * * If you still have issues with Hard-SPL, you can ask for help at contactchan@freemail.hu: Alternative option: would you like to donate a small amount to get next device instantly unlocked too (in the case we detected this is not your first device to unlock)?"
Old 05-26-2011, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Don't put it in flight/airplane mode. It says "should not" in the instructions.

yea, that would be the issue here.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
Old 06-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

josssl is a n00b

hey guys i dont know if u can help me here..... i try to use the hardspl to unlock mi htc tp2 but there in the instructions says that u need to turn on ur radio cuz they need to check online but i dont have data plan or internet in my service, so when i try to unlock, it cant... any one can help me and tell me if u guys know another way to can unlock or another soft???
Old 06-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Im not sure if your having the same issue I did when I unlocked mine, but if your computer doesnt have the right drivers for your phone then it wont unlock when you go through the process.

an easy way to take care of this is to put it in the bootloader mode and leave it plugged into the computer via usb connetion.

if the bottom of the screen stays blank then your computer doesnt have the right drivers for your phone.

It should pop up saying 'usb' at the bottom of the screen on your phone after like 10 sec or so.

if it doesnt then it wont work.

Ive figured that out over the last few months when I first unlocked my phone. It was frustrating at first, but its an easy enough fix.

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities...shutdown.shtml

heres a link to an app that has an option to put the phone in bootloader
just do that and let your computer install updates for the drivers if it needs it and then you should have no issues.

goodluck

Last edited by aedon; 06-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:38 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Great summary aedon! Nice to see

Last edited by teradog; 06-10-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Great summary adeon! Nice to see
Its what we are here for right? lol
To help others not make our mistakes
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2