PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Greatly Diminished Battery Life with New Sprint Update.

Has anyone else noticed a greatly diminished battery life with new Sprint Update?

I used to got days without plugging mine in for a charge with minimal use. Since the update with the same minimal use as before I was surprised to find I had to plug it in because of low battery warning.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy
Carrier: Sprint

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Greatly Diminished Battery Life with New Sprint Update.

sense 2.5 has more features, more jobs in the background, aGPS, etc, means u gonna have to manage ur battery better. try to do the basics: screen settings, auto update times, etc.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

oddly im experiencing the opposite. never had a better battery life with tp2. at 90% now & been off the charger since 8am ... normally by 830 i was at like 90-80
Old 03-26-2010, 02:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nonstop is a n00b

I waited a few days to comment on the battery drain while running my phone through a few full charge/discharge cycles to make sure it was reading accurate.

I notice about a 20% (rough guesstimate) quicker discharge rate running Sprint 6.5 vs Sprint 6.1. I think it's worth it but I definitely have to monitor my phone usage more strictly to make it through a long day on 6.5.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One thing you guys can try is to go to PRL 60659 or less. 60660 or greater eats up my battery quick with the mess they made of the acq channel tables.

And yes, the Sprint update has PRL 60660 in it.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

Make sure you check stock updates, weather updates, facebook updates because those are all on by default now so maybe that is what is going on. I don't notice much of a difference because on the old rom, I had all that stuff updating pretty frequently.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I used to got days without plugging mine in for a charge with minimal use. Since the update with the same minimal use as before I was surprised to find I had to plug it in because of low battery warning.

I find this to be unbelievable. Days?! You must've not recv or sent any txt, emails, or calls.
Anyhow like the 6.1, I find the best way to slow battery drain is:

1) Minimize push email via Gmail or Hotmail or Outlook
2) Turn up Polling Interval
3) Disconnect data connection after 60 secs
4) Run the battery to zero once in awhile to condition/reset it.

Even with that, like above poster wrote - 20% LESS battery life is pretty much spot on.

Last edited by Q_Q; 03-26-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:21 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
I find this to be unbelievable. Days?! You must've not recv or sent any txt, emails, or calls.
I can actually agree with the OP on this one. I've gone 2.5 days on one charge with my TP2 before with a Mighty ROM. Average battery life for me was about 40 hours, and I text a lot. I do not, however, ever call anyone or receive calls. I rarely use Wi-Fi, and never use BT.

EDIT: I also have two e-mail accounts that poll every 30 minutes.

With the new official 6.5 ROM, I'm probably getting about the same battery life as I did before. Maybe a little less, actually, but not by much. Right after I flashed it and set it up, it was dying in 12 hours and I was getting SOD like crazy, but after a hard reset and a clear storage, I stopped getting SOD and battery life went back up.

Last edited by Cicatrize; 03-26-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I can actually agree with the OP on this one. I've gone 2.5 days on one charge with my TP2 before with a Mighty ROM. Average battery life for me was about 40 hours, and I text a lot. I do not, however, ever call anyone or receive calls. I rarely use Wi-Fi, and never use BT.
Well - I should've & OP should've been more clear - non stock ROM won't get you multiple days on 1 battery charge.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

I've not really paid too much attention to battery life, but it hasn't been bad enough that I'm noticing that I need to plug it in or anything out of the ordinary.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2