PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

LinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What do you expect in a rom?

Ok being kinda new to this game I put out a few roms now and i thought id ask you guys what do you expect in a rom. Im gona drop this in to 4 catorgories, Please if you will list you mission critical apps that you must have in your post along with what you expect to see in a rom of each kind
Hope this post helps all us cooks get in touch with the user more and build a better rom. I will go back through the posts and see if i can sort you responces in this post. Ill see if i can tally the total number of votes each app gets so we have a idea of what is the most popular apps are ect...

Build preferance .......21889 ect

1st full Rom

2nd Lite Rom

3rd Must have (mission critical) ........ Rom is crap with out it ... or ill skip this rom because of it

File Explorer ..1

Last edited by LinearBurn; 03-25-2010 at 06:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

LinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
What do you expect in a rom?

Reserved
Old 03-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: spront

strung is a n00b
Re: What do you expect in a rom?

Good question. I don't even understand the difference between the current custom ROMS. Like what the motivation is behind each one, what's in it as far as advantages for the end user. Overall big picture stuff.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
To try to keep the forums a little cleaner, we are asking that you ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio.

If you have a question about a specific ROM/Radio/Kitchen, then please post it in the appropriate thread.

ALL other threads should be the the device's forum (for example, those related to hardware, GPS, bluetooth, etc).

If you have a reg edit or tweak...if it applies to multiple devices, then please post it in the 'PPC Registry Tweaks' forum and list which devices its compatible with. If it is device specific, then post it in the device forum, NOT the Upgrades forums.

If you're not sure where to post something, then post it in the device's forum and a staff member can always move it.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

good idea man, was gonna do this myself.

i like the start menu at the bottom 23xx roms.

as far as apps:
myphone
opera mini 5
youtube
xdashutdown
tcpmp

Help Me Help You
Old 03-25-2010, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Opera 10, Skyfire, Total Commander, Mortscript, QuickGPS, Arkswitch, Visual voicemail, A registry editor of soem kind(but total commander works for this also), Shake and save, the wifi router program, pocket rar, Facebook, rss hub.
Then it's pretty much just some eye candy....but THE MOST IMPORTANT is performance.
It must be stable and perform well for a period of time.

Edit: and swype!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2