PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tkglsxk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tkglsxk
Question Ringer ID for Text messages

I've searched and searched and I can't find what I'm looking for so I thought I would post. I would like to find a way to have custom "ringer ID's" for text messages. I know how to have different ringers for when different people call, but I would also like it if it would sound different for each person that sends me a text. Is this possible. I'm running WiMo 6.1 Stock with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.1. So far I love everything about the way I have it setup right now except for that one thing. Please help. I'm hoping there is just a simple .cab that I can install to change this. I'm not up on all the rom cooking and reg edit stuff that some of you pros do.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: spront

strung is a n00b
Re: Ringer ID for Text messages

You can have the built-in Microsoft Voice software it read out the txt or who it's from, i think, you should try it out and see if you can get it to work.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

i know of a program. give me a min to find it

Help Me Help You
Old 03-25-2010, 06:06 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this isnt what i was thinking of but its close:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Au...ST-65126.shtml
Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

This one (Photo Contacts Pro) is probably way more than what you need, but it does what you are asking ...

http://www.pocketx.net/products/photocontactspro_ppc/

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

You can also convert whatever ringtone you want to a wav format and put it in windows/rings and or my documents/my ringtones and then you can assign the ringtone to all text messages.

If you're looking to assign a separate one to each contact, there's a program called ringo or something like that...it's quick, simple and easy.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

tkglsxk is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to tkglsxk

Thank you all for your help. I've tried the voice announcing before and it just gets on my nerves.

Piranah: I tried the software you suggested and couldn't get it to do anything. I did a restart and everything. I wouldn't see any of my sound on my phone. I looked kinda like what I was looking for. Just didn't work.

Meatgel: I'm going to look into your suggestion a little bit more and see if that is really what I want. I really didn't want to pay $30 for the software, but I might try the demo and see if it's worth it. Thanks.

Codybear: I'm going to look into your suggestion too. Ringo? Is that what you called it? I will google it when I get done typing and see if that is what I'm looking for.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will keep looking and taking all suggestions and information I can get.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nom303 is just getting started

here ya go. i forget the author but i found them at xda. One
Attached Files
File Type: cab KeepMyTonesSmartCab.CAB (82.5 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium Sprint
Carrier: INDOSAT & Smart

Incrediboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nom303 View Post
here ya go. i forget the author but i found them at xda. One

Doesn't this cab for saving settings for notifications sound??
Old 03-26-2010, 10:19 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglsxk View Post
Thank you all for your help. I've tried the voice announcing before and it just gets on my nerves.

Piranah: I tried the software you suggested and couldn't get it to do anything. I did a restart and everything. I wouldn't see any of my sound on my phone. I looked kinda like what I was looking for. Just didn't work.

Meatgel: I'm going to look into your suggestion a little bit more and see if that is really what I want. I really didn't want to pay $30 for the software, but I might try the demo and see if it's worth it. Thanks.

Codybear: I'm going to look into your suggestion too. Ringo? Is that what you called it? I will google it when I get done typing and see if that is what I'm looking for.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will keep looking and taking all suggestions and information I can get.

ill give the program a shot later. i havent used it myself. sorry.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2